i have never been good with this kind of stuff, software wise.
i did not see any tutorials for the config besides the one that came with it. didnt explain well enough to me tho
1. for the INI path....what is that?
don't worry about it
2. launch path.......to launch what? a custom app?
direct this to your launch folder which is in the Road Runner folder
3. start command(s)......what exactly is this? i was thinking it was for the computer booting up. but in the read me it says it will execute the commans (I.E. AUDIO etc) after starting software. shouldnt it already start that? or does this need to be told how to turn audio on?
some plugin's and other app's sometimes need to be started when Road runner starts
4. leave mouse alone....what exactly does it do? if the hide mouse is checked, then how and what does checking this one do?
this 1 puzzeled me to
5. disable SAPI 5 and use SAPI 4.......no idea what that is. so i dont know what to ask for that one haha
changes the text to speach format depends on what version you are using
6. screen fastmode....what does this one do? looks like GDI+ is the defualt
[COLOR="Red"]this depends on the skin if its tranparent skin set to GDI+[COLOR="Red"]
7. soundcard # 0......is that just for the software location or however thats explained? i have the mp915 with integrated sound if that helps any
this for external cards i think
8. screen-limit: 3-min.....kinda self explanitory for the 3 minutes part, but hearing a better explanation will help a lot
the amount of screens cached in the memory set to 3 min works well
9. ipod drive: .........i dont ever plan on using a ipod with my carputer, seems kinda dumb to me. but i see choices for a drive letter to choose. why would u need to assign a drive letter? i dont have a ipod, so that sorta confuses me.
leave it as defaulted
10. song intro / station scan (in seconds).........kinda self explanitory, but how does it get the song or station?
11. map master volume to control line (for pu$$y @ss soundcards)........does this one really matter? does RR affect a soundcard already turned up 75%? (its going to be a amped signal)
this controls the levvels in your sound propertys matser vol + main vol, wave + wave vol and so on
12. web browser: ()firefox ()internet explorer path: .........is that for an alternate browser?
fire fox is a better internet browser thats all, downloadable from Morzilla
13. misc other settings..........use built-in voice control.........built in to what? RR or the soundcard software?
built into RR
14. use car2pc interface.........havent looked into that, so skip!
15. skin paths: day path, night path......... is the night one triggered by the illumination signal comming in from the dash illumination signal? (GM Orange wire if i remember correctly on my old GM's)
no this is set by time, 2 skins needed to be loaded some skins come with night and day skin
16. gamma......is that tab for messing with display settings affecting only the RR skin?
17. id3 tags.....there are different versions of id3 tags?
most people use id3 tags i have mine set to mix v1 with v2
18. vis plugins....those look to be wmp only kind.
winamp also plays visualtions, milkdrop,and avs vis.
19. scroll mode....to scroll what? im gonna overdrive my few remaing brain cellls guess that is doing something with text.
text in the skins most people leave this i think
20. speed att volume......is there a rig that uses signal from the vss/ecm like my delco does?
21. fone control.......is all this for using ur carpc as your fone too? ive got the cingy 8125, aka the HTC wizrd if that helps for anything i can do
this is for a app called phonecontrol downloadable from yhte net
well thats all i have for now. anything that i didnt ask about is either because its simple enough to figure out or it is a option i do not have yet.
i have mainly been focusing on my hardware setup. never was good with software.
now that RR itself just popped up, its the default skin. is there a way to change the
out: N/A.....not sure what it means by out.
these are for tempature i think separate software and hardware
this is the best i can do, if i'm wrong or someone may answer the 1's i missed
i thank all of you in advance for the help with this. i have seen many times that this one is a ****** to use. im finding that out! haha. this should also help any newbies later on. if i have any other Q's involving the skinning or other functions there are catagories for, they will be post in the appropriate ones. Again, thank all of you.