Which winamp version are you using with RR?
I found that the "TRACKPATH" infomation I get from RoadRunner COM interface is not unicode compliant.
In that I mean I did get an unicode string, because microsoft COM supports unicode. But in the string, a lot of unicode charactor are replaced with "?" or in ord value 63. It seems to be an ascii encoding.
If that's true, that means it is not possible to get the correct song path, if the song name is in unicode, which is supported by windows.
I would like to know if this is solvable. or if it is easy to make some code changes to Road Runner to support unicode in its COM interface.
tried both 2.95 and 5.13 but there is no difference.
I am developing a ID3 tags based ratings plugin and almost done. It works great, but not for unicode directory names and file names. I have a lot of chinese songs so that is a big issue for me.
I realized that UniCode support probably is a non-issue, given that WinAmp itself doesn't support unicode. So switching my system language settings will solve both the display problem, and also the unicode file path problem.
I forget what version, but they did add unicode support to winamp...
@john "Blue was also working"
Didn't know you were working on a Ratings plugin too, otherwise i wouldn't have started on my own.
My plugin is fairly simple, just reading/writing ID3 tags from/to mp3. No database management at all.
I use Python for this task, which is an interesting experience for me.
Thats what mine started out as and now is a full blown db for RR, play, search...ect..
See the RR Media link in my sig for more of an explanation.