try run as administrator?
When trying to start RR all I get is the below
"Windows Cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropiate permision to access the item"
That is when I double click RoadRunner.exe in the Road Runner folder.
The RRConfig.exe works fine although it does ask for permision via vista to start.
I have clicked on RoadRunner.exe and set compatabilty to XP and in Security I set everyone to have all control etc. Any ideas?
Well, sounds like a Vista problem. If i were you, i would go out on the net and find out how to disable it asking you if you REALLY want to do what you told it to do.
I would search in google for "disable vista security completely so it don't f****kin' ask me if i want to do what i want to do ever again damit"
Some members have rr running on vista, hopefully they will chime-in.
I am administrator and clicked "Run as administrator" and its still the same
Tried it and still the same!
I have RoadRunner running on my laptop with Vista, I'm helping a kid over there and don't want to check 2 threads.
2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
256 MB DDR2 PC5400
Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
2005 Honda Civic
I find most of the time it is the security in Vista that causes programs to not run. If the default path is in /program files, Vista takes complete control over the security in this folder. Solution....
Create another folder of your choice eg c:\programs and put your non-vista software here. I have found most programs will run, whereas installing to /PROGRAM FILES they will not
1. Make sure you are set as the administrator.
2. DISABLE that UAC! Just google "disable uac". UAC is designed for ppl that dont like vista
3. Yes run RR in "compatibility mode". just right click on the RR shortcut or the exe and click the compatibility tab and change it to "Windows XP SP2".
4. Also, in the compatibility mode setting, you might also need to put a check by "disable desktop composition". There are a couple of skins that some buttons wont work unless you do this.
5. Make sure you have the latest RR installed with the latest RRconfig. Make sure it is installed in the correct dir: c:\Program Files\Road Runner thats where it should be.
6. Open Internet Explorer web browser and goto adobe's website and install the latest flash player.
Now, doing that it will run on vista. I already have it running with vista in the car for almost a month since I installed it. It has RR with IG4 with xport (yes xport runs on vista with no issues). I'm using a dell d600 laptop with no issues in the car.
I have no services disabled or removed. No tinyvista, no vlite, no super tweaked vista, etc. This is the full installation of vista. The only thing that is turned off is the UAC. Oh, and it does have SP1.
I hope this helps with anyone trying to use vista with RR. I am ready and willing to help.
The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
The Florida Meets Thread