I have the same issue but I didn't investigate enough about it.
What I can tell you is that:
So I can say that:
- In Xport the streaming GPS data is always OK (at least it looks like but I didn't check if data are strictly following the protocol)
- My navigation software (NAVIPC) stops reading GPS Data even if RR is not running
- It happens even if I don't use XPort
- It never happened until a certain date
- It happens with two different GPS antenna out of three which usually worked fine since years
- It never happened with the third antenna (a bluetooth one while the other two are USB)
- All the GPS antennas are Sirf Star III devices
I hope this can help in some way...
- it is not a RR issue
- it is not a navigation software issue
- it should not be a GPS antenna issue
- it should not be an XPort issue
- it could be related to some updated library on the system (something related to virtual com ports ?)