Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 135

Thread: MJS Gadgets UAS - comming soon to carpc near you

  1. #111
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by aplusmiami View Post
    That was it! Thanks for your help Mitch!

    Can someone post detailed instructions on how to set this up in RR.

    i need to post the plug in, it might be on the cdrom

    ill post it in the plug in forum
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  2. #112
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    278
    Mitch,

    I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but, I FINALLY got around to hooking my UAS up to my CarPC running Centrafuse (ver. 2.1.1331)...along with a major CarPC upgrade.

    I know this thread is in the RR forum but, this seems to be the most active thread about the UAS.

    I have my HDRadio plugged into Input 1, and SC-C1 plugged into Input 2.

    I can't get it to work reliably.

    It doesn't seem to work at all with Hibernate. I switch back and forth between HDRadio and Sirius. I get data/RDS/channel info but no audio.

    If I cold-boot, it doesn't work on the Input it was last on (usually Sirius) but, I can then switch to HDRadio...and then I get audio. Then switch back to Sirius...and I get audio.

    What am I doing wrong? It doesn't seem like there are too many options to get wrong.
    2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

  3. #113
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Mitch,

    I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but, I FINALLY got around to hooking my UAS up to my CarPC running Centrafuse (ver. 2.1.1331)...along with a major CarPC upgrade.

    I know this thread is in the RR forum but, this seems to be the most active thread about the UAS.

    I have my HDRadio plugged into Input 1, and SC-C1 plugged into Input 2.

    I can't get it to work reliably.

    It doesn't seem to work at all with Hibernate. I switch back and forth between HDRadio and Sirius. I get data/RDS/channel info but no audio.

    If I cold-boot, it doesn't work on the Input it was last on (usually Sirius) but, I can then switch to HDRadio...and then I get audio. Then switch back to Sirius...and I get audio.

    What am I doing wrong? It doesn't seem like there are too many options to get wrong.
    Im running the same version of CF and it works flawlessly. Infact i am also running BETA CF and it still works. I have mine connected to a USB HUB also. Maybe you have a defected unit and or your system isnt compatiable? Also if you use a USB Relay, that could be a issue also because they use the same drivers. The drivers for the relay are newer, so what I did was uninstall the Audio Selector, then install the new drivers from the relay, plug in the relay, tested, worked, then plugged in the Selector, found the hardware, installed, tested and worked.

    Does the UAS work with Mitch's little program to select audio? If yes then its something with your CF install. Maybe you didnt put the plug-in folder in the correct place?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  4. #114
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    Habiois, im here, hijacks suggestion is good, does my tray app work?
    im assuming you're using the CF plugin for the UAS

    mitch
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  5. #115
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Im running the same version of CF and it works flawlessly. Infact i am also running BETA CF and it still works. I have mine connected to a USB HUB also. Maybe you have a defected unit and or your system isnt compatiable? Also if you use a USB Relay, that could be a issue also because they use the same drivers. The drivers for the relay are newer, so what I did was uninstall the Audio Selector, then install the new drivers from the relay, plug in the relay, tested, worked, then plugged in the Selector, found the hardware, installed, tested and worked.

    Does the UAS work with Mitch's little program to select audio? If yes then its something with your CF install. Maybe you didnt put the plug-in folder in the correct place?

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    Habiois, im here, hijacks suggestion is good, does my tray app work?
    im assuming you're using the CF plugin for the UAS

    mitch

    First, thanks to both of you for your helpful suggestions.

    Here's where I'm at now...with no software or hardware changes, it appears to be working. I don't know why it wasn't working before but, after I posted (at a friend's house where I was doing the upgrades (he has a garage, I don't)), I got into the car and, when the CarPC booted up, it was working (and seems to be continuing to work). I'm still not feeling cocky enough to try to hibernate.

    I didn't install the tray app. While I got a 3" CD-R in the package, there was nothing on it (tried it in 3 different machines; it's blank) so, I just downloaded the CF plug-in and installed it.

    I didn't "put the plug-in folder" anywhere, I just ran the CF plug-in executable. It did something VERY quick and it was done. When CF boots, I have a UAS option in the Settings and I configure the various inputs so, I think it's installed properly.

    I'm going to just let it run for a few days and see if it continues to reliably work before changing anything else.

    I haev to say, now that it's working, it's working GREAT. My HDRadio is now usable. With the 2 sound cards I had before (one on-board and the second USB) CF would never reliably switch between the two. I'd switch from Sirius to HDRadio and the HDRadio module would come up...with either no audio or Sirius audio. I'd have to switch back and forth several times bofore it finally "took" and switched the audio properly. Then would have the same problem going back to Sirius from HDRadio. This switches every single time (just like it's supposed to!).

    The car and I are going up to the Carlisle Performance and Style Show in Carlisle, PA this weekend. Hopefully, it'll continue to work flawlessly (both for the entertainment on the drive up and when I show the car).
    2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

  6. #116
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    blank CDR??? now thats a first for me... u can download almost all that was on it anyway on my site

    yes, u just install the cf plugin. as u did...

    tray app on my site
    drivers on my site
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  7. #117
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    i prob have improved some core code with the UAS, i should recompile the CF plugin...
    hijack would you be able to test it?

    we should also move this CF conversation to the right forum

    mitch
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  8. #118
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    574
    Hello Mitch,

    I can't believe I didnt see this earlier after trying different methods to get multiple audio sources to work.

    My MB is a Kino 9453 which only has 1 x Audio in and 1 x MIC in.

    I want to perform the following function and I believe this device could do the trick, let me explain further

    My HQCT-e hasn't worked due to limited inputs on my motherboard and I need AM, so I really want to get this working.

    [1] Can I take the RCA output L&R from the HQCT-e and feed them into the MJS UAS and CF will play radio without me choosing the input



    [2] Once I close the Radio in CF will the audio return to the previous app, like NAV or MP3music from HDD
    [3] Will this work on a USB HUB as I've ran out of USB if I'm to use this device
    [4] How small can u get the UAS, i've very limited room as I have everything in once cradle, so i would not need a box for it, but would like to mount it on my cradle



    As you can see I dont have much room, only near the RCA plugs if I find right agle ones, then I could mount the UAS there if it's small enough

    [5] Can I use this in the opposite direction and have the output feed into the HQCT so I can feed the amps with L&R F&R?
    [6] Anyone got a 2nd hand unit they wanna sell so I can try just incase i cant fit it where i want
    [7] Pricing, is this going to be revised?

    Cheers
    Kosti

  9. #119
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    as for the UAS, CF will switch inputs for radio and SAT
    it doesnt do much more than that...
    would need a custom plugin if u want anything else to switch
    + im not sure what you are tried to do
    yes it will work on a hub

    the uas4 is 4 in 1 out of audio, that goes to a linein, its usb controlled
    it does not go backwards!

    i think the answer to #1 is yes
    #2 is its only a input so, if radio is selected the uas would switch to say input #1

    when i read ur stuff, i dont know why u need it... you only have 1 audio source
    unless u got some more your not mentioning
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  10. #120
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    as for the UAS, CF will switch inputs for radio and SAT
    it doesnt do much more than that...
    would need a custom plugin if u want anything else to switch
    + im not sure what you are tried to do
    yes it will work on a hub

    the uas4 is 4 in 1 out of audio, that goes to a linein, its usb controlled
    it does not go backwards!

    i think the answer to #1 is yes
    #2 is its only a input so, if radio is selected the uas would switch to say input #1

    when i read ur stuff, i dont know why u need it... you only have 1 audio source
    unless u got some more your not mentioning
    ^ What he said. The plugin that Mitch designed for CF does have a GUI, so that if you want to use input 3 and 4, you have to do it manually. I use inputs 3 and 4 for devices that can not directly be interfaced with the PC and it works great. Yes I have to hit the button to hear it, but honestly its not that big of a deal, you probably listen to it about 2 times a day? So 4 button presses maybe?

    If you want AM radio, why not switch to a HD Radio? It has FM HD, FM, and AM. I have read alot of problems with the HQCT. I know from alot of reading that the HD Radio is also the best radio solution.

    Now if your using this as an AMP, why not just get a dedicated AMP and get rid of the HQCT? I mean I read that it doesn't even work correctly with CF, and they don't plan to add support for it.

    Doesn't really use much power, I use to use it on a non powered hub with no issues.

    The pricing, are you kidding me? You spent money on that HQCT, which I think is junk, but you don't want to pay full price for one of the best inventions made for mobile computing? *Gives Kosti the evil eye*
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Similar Threads

  1. a warning to all prospective carputer installers!
    By mbkowns in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 04:37 AM
  2. How can I use a laptop as a carpc?
    By turbocad6 in forum Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, UMPCs, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
  3. MP3Car CarPC State of the Union 2006
    By SwapMeet in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •