you should be able to embed VNC viewer into RR by following the FAQs..
As the topic says, I want to try to integrate VNC Viewer into RR so I can use it to navigate my iPhone while going down the road. As we all know, the iPhone's Bluetooth stack is horribly butchered so no one can connect to it for file transfers or controls, but today I discovered a program in Cydia called Veency that sets the iPhone/iPod touch up as a VNC "server". Since most WiFi cards allow creation of Ad-Hoc networks, one could make one on the CarPC and connect the iPhone to it, then access the iPhone in VNC Viewer.
Long description, but you all get the gist I hope.
Thanks for the tip on Veency! It works great! Here is the line to add to a skin, as well as the line to add to the exectbl to embed it in Road Runner:
The above line (the -24) moves the app area up 24 pixels off of the screen, so the top bar is not displayed. If you would like to see the top bar, just change the -24 to 10.Code:A,224,-24,322,509,
Here is a screen cap of it embedded:
EDIT: Before I get tons of questions, let me answer a few of them up front
- Yes, The phone HAS to be Jailbroken
- The screen cap is my iPhone with the Winterboard app, and "Vista mobile" theme
- The Firefox icons is NOT firefox, just a Firefox icon that launches Safari
- PdaNet turns the phone into a modem so I have internet in the car
- the games and accessories icons are actual folders. They are created with the "Catagories" app avail in the Installer.
- MXTube allows you to download YouTube Videos.
This is really interesting the one thing that sticks out is can you use PDANet and the Veency application at the same time ? I know that PDANet turns the iPhone into a wireless router.
Ya, you can. You set up and AdHoc network on your CarPC and connect the iPhone to it. Then you use the iPhone's WiFi address to connect to it through VNC Viewer
And there is about a 2 sec lag. This is very slow.
Better than nothing! Besides, its a device with 128MB of RAM.