Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Road Runner changes it name to Ride Runner + Download link and information

  1. #51
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dubai, U.A.E
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    it's been reported some anti-virus software (TrendMicro, Symantec, etc).. could prevent the normal operation of the site. I'm sure this is dependent on the settings of the software installed but I know for a fact that router/firewall settings do not have any influence on the issue.
    mcfly, guino's probably right cos as you mentoned it keeps logging you out, it's ending your session even though you've logged in. Maybe deleting your cookies. I too doubt it would have anything to do with router or company firewall settings. Although you may still be right when saying that the problem is with the "workplace PCs", probably with the local PCs themselves, or the way your IT department may have set them up, domain security, etc.
    If it works - MOD IT!

  2. #52
    Low Bitrate mcfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    98
    In the end I managed to d/l, through a proxy from my workplace, and once again directly at home. However I bumped into another problem, I saw there were others too in the same situation: the download stops at 99%. This is because of the antivirus, it deletes the downloaded file after it detects "possibly newheur PE virus". Solved by killing the AV.

  3. #53
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    u will have to tell AV, not to delete

    RR is very complicated program, and uses alot of windows APIs so AV heuristics MAY think its a possibly a virius
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  4. #54
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    37
    When will the NISU S160's be available? Is there a price point for the two models?

  5. #55
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    When will the NISU S160's be available? Is there a price point for the two models?
    We had some delays with the hardware (the kind of thing you don't want to rush), but we've had working prorotypes for several months already.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  6. #56
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    I have RR installed, since its giving me the nag screen to update the software. I went in and downloaded the new one from the site mentioned.
    Now before I Install the new RR setup file, I have a question:
    If I install this over the old one, would it overwrite my settings. If yes, Is there a specific way I can install to keep my settings?
    Please Help !

  7. #57
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by VISRAY View Post
    I have RR installed, since its giving me the nag screen to update the software. I went in and downloaded the new one from the site mentioned.
    Now before I Install the new RR setup file, I have a question:
    If I install this over the old one, would it overwrite my settings. If yes, Is there a specific way I can install to keep my settings?
    Please Help !
    It should NOT overwrite/reset your settings, you can just install it over. If you want to be 100% sure, you can copy all your .INI files from RR folder to a backup location, install then copy them back over. The safest thing is to backup your whole install, then install the new versio over, then (IF anything is different) copy the INIs from the backup or adjust any (new?)settings in RRConfig.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  8. #58
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    It should NOT overwrite/reset your settings, you can just install it over. If you want to be 100% sure, you can copy all your .INI files from RR folder to a backup location, install then copy them back over. The safest thing is to backup your whole install, then install the new versio over, then (IF anything is different) copy the INIs from the backup or adjust any (new?)settings in RRConfig.
    Thanks For the prompt reply, will try tonight and keep up the good work.

  9. #59
    tja
    tja is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Posts
    442
    edit:
    must be proxy, or cookies, or SSL.

    oh well no Ride Runner download for 1.5 months.
    2005 Nissan Xtrail
    DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

    worklog

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. Intel D945GCLF2 Dual-Core Atom
    By txspazz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 687
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
  2. Motherboard Post times
    By dunderchief in forum Operating System Optimization
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 12:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •