Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Winamp not communicating with riderunner?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    67

    Winamp not communicating with riderunner?

    so i think i broke something, because roadrunner stopped responding with winamp.

    if I load a song in winamp (from windows), when i boot roadrunner it shows up like its supposed to. I can play, pause, when i go to select a song, it doesn't select. when i click back over to winamp, it confirms the fact that that roadrunner isn't commanding winamp to do anything. winamp itself retains its full functionality

    playlists won't load and every playlist just shows up as "2009", and of course double clicking it to load it does nothing.

    winamp is winamp 2.95 and RR is the 10/2009 release.


    what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,078
    Recheck your settings? And you left out what skin.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  3. #3
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    This is generally a symptom of using winamp LITE (which is NOT supported). I'd try a different winamp version, and recheck your settings.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    67
    thanks guys, actually i got it kinda working.

    what i determined to be the problem was the fact that in each folder that i had an album i also had an NFO/SFV/M3U file.

    once i took every file out that wasn't an mp3, reinstalled winamp and roadrunner , and it started working again. turns out probably the m3u file in each folder must have confused roadrunner.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 08:20 AM
  2. RideRunner / Winamp issues
    By TxAxZxZ in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 10:14 AM
  4. Winamp volume problems
    By froop in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 11:02 AM
  5. Winamp IBusComM.ini settings finally working
    By intense in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •