Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: TV support, is there any?

  1. #21
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    147
    The Hauppauge diversity is controlled by the driver ( there is a little program from the company that lets you choose between diversity and dual tuner )

    A good app I'm using and it embed's quite good is Splash Lite
    http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

    In the future they also plan to make a TV only version

    *My problem with VLC is that from my experience it crashes a lot when you have lousy reception , So it not really acceptable for car-pc usage..
    HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

  2. #22
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Madboy View Post
    The Hauppauge diversity is controlled by the driver ( there is a little program from the company that lets you choose between diversity and dual tuner )

    A good app I'm using and it embed's quite good is Splash Lite
    http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

    In the future they also plan to make a TV only version

    *My problem with VLC is that from my experience it crashes a lot when you have lousy reception , So it not really acceptable for car-pc usage..
    some questions:
    1. what is the exact model of the stick? and how is no diversity compared to diversity, especially on the move?
    2.does it work with DVB viewer and winamp tv plugin?
    3. Are you sure it is driver controlled? this sounds good!!

  3. #23
    Variable Bitrate Dartman_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    425
    Small prog called Diversity Tool comes with installation cd, you can select either diversity or dual tuner. If you select diversity then only one device appear to devise manager or if you select dual tuner then two devices appear to device manager.

  4. #24
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman_71 View Post
    Small prog called Diversity Tool comes with installation cd, you can select either diversity or dual tuner. If you select diversity then only one device appear to devise manager or if you select dual tuner then two devices appear to device manager.
    and how's the reception on the move?

  5. #25
    Variable Bitrate Dartman_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    425
    Small correction to my previous post. When in dual tuner mode, second device appear to DVB Viewer's device options when pressing find devices. DVB Viewer definately use diversity! Next step is to install Hauppauge in the car, more after the test drive.

  6. #26
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    147
    I live in Israel
    Right now DVB-T is still in beta stage here
    So there are a lot of reception problems even when you stand still , Reception is better with a second antenna but still not perfect..
    On the move I can't see anything as of this moment - even with diversity

    I'm using NOVA-TD
    It works with DVBViewer but I don't think I managed to get it working with winamp's tv plugin
    HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

  7. #27
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838

    Smile

    Do you know this Tv software ?

    http://www.pouchintv.fr/

    This is a very light Tv TNT software. (use ffdshow)

    I try to embbed it into RR as soon as possible !


  8. #28
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrotm777 View Post
    Do you know this Tv software ?

    http://www.pouchintv.fr/

    This is a very light Tv TNT software. (use ffdshow)

    I try to embbed it into RR as soon as possible !

    niceeeee....but in french
    you french always remind me of us greeks.. try to do everything in our language
    even if it sounds greek to most other people!!!

  9. #29
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomader View Post
    niceeeee....but in french
    you french always remind me of us greeks.. try to do everything in our language
    even if it sounds greek to most other people!!!
    Yes but the program is also in english and you can to translate this page no ?

    In this forum all is in english , but if a program is very good but in an other language why don't try it ?

  10. #30
    Variable Bitrate Dartman_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomader View Post
    and how's the reception on the move?
    I am not satisfied to resption when on the move, but I didn't expect more from small antennas which came with the stick. Now it's modding time, I order two active +20dB antennas, I need to change connectors to fit Hauppauge of course. Those should be quite good antennas what I have read and in Youtube video 280km/h with no hiccup with car DVB-T receiver. I still have hi hopes because the reception is as good as the antennas. I'll be back after little tuning...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •