Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: udpated To newest RR Cause the Nag screen now GPS messed up

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate michaelrj9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    288

    udpated To newest RR Cause the Nag screen now GPS messed up

    I updated to the newest RR (Had it working perfect for me) except The NAG Screen.
    I am using "BMV2" skin

    Now the newest RR messed up my "settings and or skin files" and Iguidance will not load.

    I get error message
    "RideRunner screen loading error!"
    "While loading: external_gps_.skin"
    "Missing the following skin picture files:"
    "mm.jpg"

    Any ideas what is going on why the newest RR does not like to play nice with the old one?

    Thanks

    (Besides this should of never happened if the nag screen was not there)
    Win 7 Pro 64bit, 4gb DDR2 Ram, q6600 Processor, Solid state drive & 7200 drive, Andrea mic, Sirius, DE HD Radio, Opus power supply, 10.4" touchscreen.
    1.)Orion 2500d Amp
    1.)Orion 15" h2 Sub
    1.)Orion 8004 Amp
    2.) Sets Orion Components - P-SERIES

  2. #2
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj9 View Post
    I updated to the newest RR (Had it working perfect for me) except The NAG Screen.
    I am using "BMV2" skin

    Now the newest RR messed up my "settings and or skin files" and Iguidance will not load.

    I get error message
    "RideRunner screen loading error!"
    "While loading: external_gps_.skin"
    "Missing the following skin picture files:"
    "mm.jpg"

    Any ideas what is going on why the newest RR does not like to play nice with the old one?

    Thanks

    (Besides this should of never happened if the nag screen was not there)
    this scrren loading errors are telling you the truth, you are missing the mm.jpg file
    edit the skin, and remove the reference or find the missing file
    i think in this case, fix the referece prob on line 3

    mm_off.jpg,mm_OFF.jpg,mm_ON.jpg,mm.jpg

    The Third line should have the name of four(4) or six(6) valid picture files, separated by commas:
    EMPTY.JPG,OFF.JPG,ON.JPG,DOWN.JPG

    thats the down image...
    so try

    mm_off.jpg,mm_OFF.jpg,mm_ON.jpg,mm_DOWN.jpg


    and fix your date on you machine, it cant be before the the RR release or 3+ months past the release (and/or just register, free)
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate michaelrj9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    this scrren loading errors are telling you the truth, you are missing the mm.jpg file
    edit the skin, and remove the reference or find the missing file
    i think in this case, fix the referece prob on line 3

    mm_off.jpg,mm_OFF.jpg,mm_ON.jpg,mm.jpg

    The Third line should have the name of four(4) or six(6) valid picture files, separated by commas:
    EMPTY.JPG,OFF.JPG,ON.JPG,DOWN.JPG

    thats the down image...
    so try

    mm_off.jpg,mm_OFF.jpg,mm_ON.jpg,mm_DOWN.jpg


    and fix your date on you machine, it cant be before the the RR release or 3+ months past the release (and/or just register, free)
    Ok, I got it to work on the touchscreen.
    After I got it woking I udgraded to Garmin mobile Pc. I have it working on the touchscreen using the Garmin overlay that is in the forums.

    But now when I use my remote it still gives me the same error.
    "RideRunner screen loading error!"
    "While loading: external_gps_.skin"
    "Missing the following skin picture files:"
    "mm.jpg"

    The remote is controlled by Girder and I am using the RR.GML.


    I asume it is something I have to to in girder but don't know what.
    The buton on the remote I am using is for the command "GPS" IN THE RR.GML.

    Also It seems like with the newest version of RR when it loads up more than half the time it crashes Winamp. I don't know what exact version of winamp I have except 5.x. It loads Winamp then winamp crashes and then you have to exit it. If I load winamp manually then RR it works fine.
    Win 7 Pro 64bit, 4gb DDR2 Ram, q6600 Processor, Solid state drive & 7200 drive, Andrea mic, Sirius, DE HD Radio, Opus power supply, 10.4" touchscreen.
    1.)Orion 2500d Amp
    1.)Orion 15" h2 Sub
    1.)Orion 8004 Amp
    2.) Sets Orion Components - P-SERIES

  4. #4
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Girder won't make any difference in that error, as its merely telling RR what to to. recheck your skin file(s). Are u running a separate day night skin and maybe you forgot to fix in both skin folders?
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  5. #5
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,248
    rr, doesnt crash winamp, but their could be some JUNK in the playlist

    delete rrpl.m3u8, in the RR dir... and start fresh

    and FIX YOUR SKIN, is this file right external_gps_.skin?
    or should it be external_gps.skin
    whats that extra _
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate michaelrj9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    rr, doesnt crash winamp, but their could be some JUNK in the playlist

    delete rrpl.m3u8, in the RR dir... and start fresh

    and FIX YOUR SKIN, is this file right external_gps_.skin?
    or should it be external_gps.skin
    whats that extra _
    Sorry I miss typed it, it is the external_gps.skin that I have.

    I know that RR should not crash winamp because all it does is open it up, but..

    Never had a problem until now. I always had winamp visable (not hidden) with my playlist open. When I start up the computer I can see winamp open up, starts to load the playlist files in the playlist window in winamp, then RR starts opening up then the playlist freezes then crashes. I can open up winamp 20-30 manually and works perfect but with RR it crashes half the time.
    Win 7 Pro 64bit, 4gb DDR2 Ram, q6600 Processor, Solid state drive & 7200 drive, Andrea mic, Sirius, DE HD Radio, Opus power supply, 10.4" touchscreen.
    1.)Orion 2500d Amp
    1.)Orion 15" h2 Sub
    1.)Orion 8004 Amp
    2.) Sets Orion Components - P-SERIES

  7. #7
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,248
    like i said, delete rrpl.m3u8
    and the next time you start rr, the PL will be empty

    also.. fix the missing file in the external_gps.skin, i told you in above post what to edit
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  8. #8
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,248
    all RR does, it launch winamp, and load a playlist
    i use the latest winamp.. maybe uninstall winamp, reinstall latest
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate michaelrj9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    like i said, delete rrpl.m3u8
    and the next time you start rr, the PL will be empty

    also.. fix the missing file in the external_gps.skin, i told you in above post what to edit
    I will delete rrpl.m3u8 file and check it more out tomorrow but.


    The external_gps.skin is edited to mm_off.jpg,mm_OFF.jpg,mm_ON.jpg,mm_DOWN.jpg.
    Like I said if I press "gps" on the main menu on the skin it works but if I press on my remote it does not work. To me that sounds like what ever command I was using in girder is not the same as when I just press the button on the screen. So I am not sure what needs to be edited anymore
    Win 7 Pro 64bit, 4gb DDR2 Ram, q6600 Processor, Solid state drive & 7200 drive, Andrea mic, Sirius, DE HD Radio, Opus power supply, 10.4" touchscreen.
    1.)Orion 2500d Amp
    1.)Orion 15" h2 Sub
    1.)Orion 8004 Amp
    2.) Sets Orion Components - P-SERIES

  10. #10
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,248
    use SKIN TOOL, and watch the LIVE LOG...

    but what does not work?
    u get a file missing error?
    find the file that its talking about, fix...
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:10 AM
  2. Latest Build - 2014-06-11
    By ClockWorK in forum Driveline
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
  3. Conflict?: RR Voice control & GPS set in RR config
    By Iceman_jkh in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
  4. Digital FX 2.0 Transparent Released
    By JohnWPB in forum RR Skins No Longer Supported
    Replies: 3759
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
  5. LSX (VOID) released
    By liquid_smoke in forum RR Skins No Longer Supported
    Replies: 1302
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •