*** New RideRunner Dynamic Menus ****
ALL New for Ride Runner is the Dynamic Menus
I've had this idea for over a year... just takes something to get me to do it...
So... I spent a good 2 days coding this... its available NOW for testers (ftp)
Q What is Dynamic Menus?
A. A menu system that RideRunner manages, based on skin designer options and automatic plugin subscription.
Q. Whats a menu system?
A. Generally the buttons on menu.skin, menu1.skin.... menu9.skin
Q. What is plugin subscription?
A. When a plugin is instantiated, RR will ask the plugin for a property, and this is added to Dynamic Menu Selector.
- No more lines and lines of cryptic code in Exectbl.ini.
- Fast, no more long delay at skin load for all the commands to build the menus to run.
- No more reloading skin just to change the menu.
- Standardized, now all skins can use this method.
- Plugin Subscription, plugins can subscribe to the Dynamic Menu to provide easy end user integration.
- Menu skins are easily expandable, a new menu can be added at any time.
- Skin object code for menu navigation simplified.
I prob can use some help documenting this new feature.