Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Radio support ?

  1. #21
    The SkinFather febsperanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    436
    Forgive me for being soooo ignorant to your project. I have been away and only lurk once in a while now. But let me say that I am really glad that you have revived the ol' mediacar and improve on everything that is lacking with the original. Especially the playlist and speed improvement. I am using RR more and more in my car now!

    Anyway, enough butt kissing and on to the topic.

    I am really hoping that you will use radiator for radio because it has a lot of hardware compatible with it. I am currently using Hauppauge WinTV FM. I am using confused's radio module with a modified skin:


    You can download the skin here: http://febsperanza.3plast.com/mediac...iaCarRadio.zip

    On another note, since you are going to develop phone module as well, maybe I just chip in my thoughts here, if I may. I have suggested this to coyote as well but he disappeared Feel free to me anytime you like

    First of all, I think it's safe if you merge DVD and video modules together (or can I do it now? I haven't explored that). For me the Video module is sufficient. Just need a little tweak with the menus for DVD. We can reduce the number of buttons in the main menu.

    Now for the Phone module. I am hoping that you will include a quick dial. For my part, I think that the quick dial should be on the main phone menu. Using my handphone, I find that I use quick dial much more often than using dial pad. Not to mention that you should not use phone while driving , therefore the quick dial should minimize distraction from looking for numbers. Thus,



    Now, if we press NUM PAD, the Number pad will appear thus:



    Pressing Quick dial will go back to the main phone menu.

    What do you think? Is this actually possible?

    Cheers!
    Feb

    BTW, if you're interested, the phone psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...etal/phone.zip
    and the radio psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...dio_by_feb.zip
    Brushed Metal Skin
    http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
    MIA at the moment
    [please email me instead of pm]

  2. #22
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    I intend to add both Radiator and D-Link direct support (since I bought one for testing and it also works with radiator). So don't worry about that..

    Merging the DVD/Video is definitely something easy to do by simply adding say a "DVD" button in the Video player. That could definitely free up the button on the main menu for something else. The reason why I didn't do that is: at the time I didn't want to mess with graphics (nor I knew how to), and also some poeple actually may preffer to use an External DVD player (i.e. FrodoDVD), so that would not really "fit" into the Video Player.

    As it so happens, I have not much experience with Photoshop so just now I'm starting to play with graphics... That has been a very limitant factor as to the skins I have to do testing for new features and such. I've got to the point of telling people: "Give me a skin and I'll make the feature" like I did with the TV support.

    Although I do not have phone control installed, I believe it should be easy enough to configure it and make the interface with provided code I found on their site. I do like the idea of a Quick Dial and it surprises me that nobody else had thought of such feature before. I can easily make it to where labels of the quick dial buttons are configured by INI file or editable by the phone control interface (inside RR). That way the skin would not have to be edited for the names to show correctly on the buttons -- just a thought...

    With the current stage of RR, this is not only very possible but very easy to do. Hard is to find time to do all at once.. But we'll ge to it..

    Right now Phone control is almost tied in feature requests with the Radio, which I should be implementing in the next few days.. I still have not yet even started any on the MapPoint interface, but I could probably manage to have MediaCar running inside RR for MapPoint interface (I actually tried that and it worked -- except the music controls). If anything, I'm really thinking of using Map Monkey's SDK to implement the GPS/Config side of the hardware and simply displaying the route/map from mappoint (which is the easy part).

    The truth is there's just too much going on at the same time for me to handle by myself.. which is no reason to give up, but yet to move on...

    Thanks for your input

    Quote Originally Posted by febsperanza
    Forgive me for being soooo ignorant to your project. I have been away and only lurk once in a while now. But let me say that I am really glad that you have revived the ol' mediacar and improve on everything that is lacking with the original. Especially the playlist and speed improvement. I am using RR more and more in my car now!

    Anyway, enough butt kissing and on to the topic.

    I am really hoping that you will use radiator for radio because it has a lot of hardware compatible with it. I am currently using Hauppauge WinTV FM. I am using confused's radio module with a modified skin:

    You can download the skin here: http://febsperanza.3plast.com/mediac...iaCarRadio.zip

    On another note, since you are going to develop phone module as well, maybe I just chip in my thoughts here, if I may. I have suggested this to coyote as well but he disappeared Feel free to me anytime you like

    First of all, I think it's safe if you merge DVD and video modules together (or can I do it now? I haven't explored that). For me the Video module is sufficient. Just need a little tweak with the menus for DVD. We can reduce the number of buttons in the main menu.

    Now for the Phone module. I am hoping that you will include a quick dial. For my part, I think that the quick dial should be on the main phone menu. Using my handphone, I find that I use quick dial much more often than using dial pad. Not to mention that you should not use phone while driving , therefore the quick dial should minimize distraction from looking for numbers. Thus,

    Now, if we press NUM PAD, the Number pad will appear thus:

    Pressing Quick dial will go back to the main phone menu.

    What do you think? Is this actually possible?

    Cheers!
    Feb

    BTW, if you're interested, the phone psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...etal/phone.zip
    and the radio psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...dio_by_feb.zip
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  3. #23
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by febsperanza


    Now, if we press NUM PAD, the Number pad will appear thus:



    Pressing Quick dial will go back to the main phone menu.

    What do you think? Is this actually possible?

    Cheers!
    Feb

    BTW, if you're interested, the phone psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...etal/phone.zip
    and the radio psd's are here:
    http://febsperanza.3plast.com/photos...dio_by_feb.zip
    Feb... I like that... I'm working ( well %95 percent done ) on 16:9ing your current phone skin to work with 1.4. That been said I do like the one above.. perhaps you should do that as a seprate one as well ?

    I would guess that most of that can be implimented although so far I have only found the address book to be perminatly displayed... that been said I have only been working at it for about a week.

    Terran

  4. #24
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Since I've started to add code for radio support without my tuner, could anyone describe how the radio screen works for me (Radiator) ?
    Radio support ?

    I can understand as much as the numbers and tune, plus audio commands and up/down for the list... but then I need to know the function of this whole line of buttons under the playlist: Surf, the second set of up/down and <<, <, >, >> .. I assume one two are for seek up/down and others for fine tune etc.. anyone care to describe them ?

    Thanks.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #25
    Constant Bitrate cyberlancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Gallarate (VA) - Italy
    Posts
    131

    not perfect but should work for many users

    hi, this is my original radio front end, launched in RR. everything works perfectly (of course...) and the interface (almost from the cromatic point of view) is quite well integrated just:
    - is there any way to resize the radio sw in order to force it to cover the entire free space? (also the buttons will become more usable)-

    THANKS.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #26
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberlancer
    hi, this is my original radio front end, launched in RR. everything works perfectly (of course...) and the interface (almost from the cromatic point of view) is quite well integrated just:
    - is there any way to resize the radio sw in order to force it to cover the entire free space? (also the buttons will become more usable)-
    THANKS.
    If your radio software does not allow you to resize the window freely, it is very unlikely that you can resize it... also since the software is very "graphical", I really doubt theres any way to pull the rds info from it...

    EDIT: Also, I believe radiator does indeed support your radio card, and if so, you should be able to use it directly through RR's skin when I'm done with it.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #27
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    64
    Hey Guino, I know I was the one that suggested to you to get the D-Link from RadioTime. If no new progress is made by monday, cancel the order and I will send you one. That could be my donation to your project.

    Scracth Monday, cancel it now, I will send you one on tuesday

  8. #28
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeker
    Hey Guino, I know I was the one that suggested to you to get the D-Link from RadioTime. If no new progress is made by monday, cancel the order and I will send you one. That could be my donation to your project.

    Scracth Monday, cancel it now, I will send you one on tuesday
    Ok, then, that sounds cool... I'll send tem a message (or try to call) to cancel the order.. guess I'll PM you for details..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  9. #29
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    64
    Cool just give me an address

  10. #30
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    So Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Just tying into what febs said, I'd support a change to video+dvd integrated... If you get good DVD support I really dont see a reason for people to want to use external dvd.... one more app, one more slow point, one more failure point, yada, yada, yada...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MediaCar Radio support
    By Maana in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
  2. radio support
    By mutilator in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 06:07 AM
  3. Does MediaCar support radio?
    By hevnsnt in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 02:49 AM
  4. Radio Xtreme Support in Media Car soon?
    By antimatter in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:09 AM
  5. Future radio support?
    By Izik in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 05:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •