Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 124

Thread: RR 2-20-05 ... Bug Fixes ...

  1. #31
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    Seems like MM is not taking kindly of the "close" command.. funny enough, the SDK command to close MM doesn't work either.. I'll look into it..

    For now, I'd suggest you to set Map Monkey as external GPS and set it as default to run External GPS, with the window title "Map Monkey -" (no quotes) it should work like it used to on prev. versions.
    Ok ,tested , work set to EXTERNAL, but not displayed embedded RR,hide the RR button in this mode , temp, scroll title etc...
    EDIT: the 19-02 version of RR running ok

    Not problem , tested in my house PC the 20-02 v. but have several bug posted.

    One other question for Guino:

    i have make the prototype of your hardware to reader the tamper(you kit)
    Created the .hex file and burning one P12C509.
    The 4 DS18B20 comunicate with the COM ok,but second me one problem:
    the tamper read its not real,exsample 25C real embedded to RR write 7578,0 (same in Yperterminal), set to Centigrade,but....same to F,with jumper to hardware and MM config utility.
    Secon me its one problem or of the firmware about the Ds1820.asm write not correctly , or the DTR signal is low to power the hardware(tested, 4.40v after the regolator 78L05(the regular voltage its 5v correct )....
    *****************************
    UPDATE
    fixed problem , work correctly!
    EDIT :sensor 3-4 in txt file its the DS18S20 not B20 , bad compatible.
    1 and 2 its DS18B20, and work ok with Yperterminal.
    Tomorrow tested with RR
    If is ok , make one board home made of you hardware....
    TXT file to save with Ypert.
    F and C
    The problem its to displayed the temp. to RR.
    Comma problem...see the screenshot
    In Italian XP configuration the point don't work the same of UK configuration, change in the RR firmware whit comma to reader the temp. , second me work correctly !
    Its possible?


    Mauri
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #32
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    was Boston -> now Canada!
    Posts
    382
    I get a similar image problem as mauri, but only when I first enter GPS the first time. Map Monkey loads and the screen gets messed up. If I backout of the GPS screen and reenter all is good.

    MapMonkey does not close out either. The only way MapMonkey closes is if I ctrl-alt-delete and close the app.

    Other than that things are looking up

    Chuck

  3. #33
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster
    I get a similar image problem as mauri, but only when I first enter GPS the first time. Map Monkey loads and the screen gets messed up. If I backout of the GPS screen and reenter all is good.

    MapMonkey does not close out either. The only way MapMonkey closes is if I ctrl-alt-delete and close the app.

    Other than that things are looking up
    Chuck
    Please check your map monkey settings and DISABLE the feature that restores the window position/size of Map Monkey.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  4. #34
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Mauri:

    I've made a quick update to try and fix your Map Monkey (close) problem.. also it adds support the temperature readings in a system that uses comma (,) as the decimal point.

    Please RE-Download RR Binary package for the above.

    ************************************************** **************

    For ALL OTHER USERS: that have been struggling with the internationalization support:

    -Re-download RR Binary (updated minutes ago)
    -add this line to your RR.INI:

    disableinternat=true
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    was Boston -> now Canada!
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    Please check your map monkey settings and DISABLE the feature that restores the window position/size of Map Monkey.

    No Luck. It was already disabled. The screen gets messed up. Mapmonkey overlays RR but when I move the mouse over an active spot on RR those buttons will appear. If I exit the GPS screen and go back in all is good.

    If I exit RR it works fine because Mapmonkey stays running in memory but if I ctrl-alt-delete and kill the mapmonkey application it will easily reproduce when it reloads in RR.

    This is using the latest brushed skin.

    Chuck

  6. #36
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster
    No Luck. It was already disabled. The screen gets messed up. Mapmonkey overlays RR but when I move the mouse over an active spot on RR those buttons will appear. If I exit the GPS screen and go back in all is good.

    If I exit RR it works fine because Mapmonkey stays running in memory but if I ctrl-alt-delete and kill the mapmonkey application it will easily reproduce when it reloads in RR.

    This is using the latest brushed skin.

    Chuck
    What skin are you using ?

    You can try this:

    Start->Run
    Type in:
    Cmd (Hit ok)
    In the Black Terminal Window, type in: (each line followed by ENTER)
    c:
    cd\DestinatorApps\
    cd "Map Monkey"
    cd Development
    regsvr32 MonkeyTalk.dll

    You should then see a little window saying ".... succeeded."..

    Make sure MM is not running on the background, and run RR again to see..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #37
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    Mauri:

    I've made a quick update to try and fix your Map Monkey (close) problem.. also it adds support the temperature readings in a system that uses comma (,) as the decimal point.

    Please RE-Download RR Binary package for the above.

    ************************************************** **************

    For ALL OTHER USERS: that have been struggling with the internationalization support:

    -Re-download RR Binary (updated minutes ago)
    -add this line to your RR.INI:

    disableinternat=true
    Thanks Guino, its the best!!
    Tonigh tested the temp. reader embedded to RR ...
    Post the test after ....

    Guino very coder man!!!

    Mauri

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    was Boston -> now Canada!
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    What skin are you using ?

    regsvr32 MonkeyTalk.dll

    You should then see a little window saying ".... succeeded."..

    Make sure MM is not running on the background, and run RR again to see..
    I was able to see the "succeeded" when doing the regsrv32 but I am still experiencing the issue. I am using the brushed metal skin as you will see here in the messed up screen shot. If I back out of the screen and come back in then it looks like it should. This will ONLY happen if MapMonkey is not running in the background and needs to load for the first time.

    Messed up Screen

  9. #39
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster
    I was able to see the "succeeded" when doing the regsrv32 but I am still experiencing the issue. I am using the brushed metal skin as you will see here in the messed up screen shot. If I back out of the screen and come back in then it looks like it should. This will ONLY happen if MapMonkey is not running in the background and needs to load for the first time.

    Messed up Screen
    I'll add more code to try and prevent this from happening.. are you able to close MM without getting that error Mauri gets ??
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #40
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    was Boston -> now Canada!
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    I'll add more code to try and prevent this from happening.. are you able to close MM without getting that error Mauri gets ??

    I don't understand exactly how to re-create the issue Mauri is having but I do get the display problem as you had seen in my link. The display issue seems to be the same problem.

    I do get errors when trying to run the configuration utility or loading MapMonkey once I exit RR but this is because RR does not unload MapMonkey when it exits. As I had mentioned before I have to ctrl-alt-delete to kill the MM app once I exit RR. After I do this then I can run the config utility.

    Chuck

Similar Threads

  1. Bug Tracking (sorry long but please read)
    By liquid_smoke in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 03:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •