Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Recommended radio / tv usb ?

  1. #11
    mox
    mox is offline
    Constant Bitrate mox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    I'd just double check your windows mixer settings -- that is, the audio input line you use..
    I have tried just about any audio setting I could find, but the silence remains. Are you sure the tv plugin is DirectAudio compatible? I mean, the tvcard does *not* have an analog line out that hooks up to the soundcard's line in with one of those tiny loopback cables. Audio is transferred internally over the bus instead.

    By the way, I haven't installed RR just yet -- I'm trying to get Winamp working first
    CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
    Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
    Software: RR, MM/FD

  2. #12
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by mox
    I have tried just about any audio setting I could find, but the silence remains. Are you sure the tv plugin is DirectAudio compatible? I mean, the tvcard does *not* have an analog line out that hooks up to the soundcard's line in with one of those tiny loopback cables. Audio is transferred internally over the bus instead.
    By the way, I haven't installed RR just yet -- I'm trying to get Winamp working first
    Ohhh... well.. I don't think you'll find a way to get this TV audio over without the cable.. your TV software (from the manufacturer) probably talks directly to the TV card to do that.. do you know of ANY other software (asides from the manufacturer's) that can play the TV audio of your card without a line in cable ?
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  3. #13
    mox
    mox is offline
    Constant Bitrate mox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    Ohhh... well.. I don't think you'll find a way to get this TV audio over without the cable.. your TV software (from the manufacturer) probably talks directly to the TV card to do that.. do you know of ANY other software (asides from the manufacturer's) that can play the TV audio of your card without a line in cable ?
    Ummm... No
    I think I will shoot the author an email and see if he can confirm that this card is not fully supported (yet). Thanks for your prompt replies so far!
    CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
    Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
    Software: RR, MM/FD

  4. #14
    mox
    mox is offline
    Constant Bitrate mox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by mox
    I think I will shoot the author an email and see if he can confirm that this card is not fully supported (yet).
    I just got Branimir Lambov's reply. The soon to be released updated version of his tv plugin will support DirectAudio!
    CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
    Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
    Software: RR, MM/FD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. USB TV tuner
    By egeekial in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 02:49 AM
  2. Laptops, and USB radio, and other goodies
    By wkolodny in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 10:13 AM
  3. Anyone found a new set of drivers for the D Link USB FM Radio ?
    By SAScooby in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 03:21 AM
  4. What to do about usb FM radio D-Link discontinued...
    By erains in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:11 AM
  5. WTB: D-Link USB FM radio
    By Stine161 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2002, 08:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •