RR 3-30-05 ... Mappoint ...
I know it's been awhile since an update, Mappoint support required a lot of screens and functions to be added.. including direct GPS management directly built into RR... I consider this a BETA due to so many changes at once...
Here are the changes:
* Fixed OSK indicators bug (Shift/Caps)
* Fixed Launch List Font Color Bug
* Fixed Radiator 'Freq-' bug
* Fixed Update bug when using Browser out of audio player
* Fixed Shutdown Mute Bug
* Improved Freq+/- to support broken freqs
* Added Support to Reset PCI/USB TV Card
* Added Support to Reset PCI/USB Radio Card
* Added MapPoint Support at 90% (Major feature)
* Added Video Player Crash prevention
* Added Support to Rename Files using Folder Browser
* Added Support to Delete Files using Folder Browser
* Added support to change RR's skin labels through SDK
* Added Skin Commands: "PAUSE", "RESUME"
* Added Label Codes to Display GPS Info
* Added Option to Reload List after hibernate (HORM support)
* Added support to send keys to embbeded applications
Now the part even I hate.. the notes:
MAPPOINT support is still not finished, those are the features missing:
-Save Map/Route Info
-Import Map/Route Info
Those are the few I want to add extra:
-Allow for custom loading of Alert Distances/Messages
-Allow for Switching AutoZoom Mode ON/OFF while in RR
Furthermore, You need to make sure the MAPPOINTERS folder is in place (in RR's folder) before using it. This is shipped in the Binary Package. I also recommend the Brushmetal Update for improved Mappoint support.
On another notice, the built in GPS support works with the NMEA protocol ONLY. I don't know if I'll ever implement SIRF, seemed like a whole lot of trouble the last time I looked at it..
Extras already in place:
-Search Nearby Places (the ugly icon on the right of the Brushmetal Update I made)
-Search Results after places search -- including nearby places (the ugly icon on the left of the brushmetal update I made)
-Voice Over Turn-by-turn instructions (this may be buggy)
-Single Point Route Calculation. If you wish to route from the current GPS location to an addres you've entered, simply leave only ONE address in the route planning screen and RR will add the GPS location as start when you hit "calculate"
-Autozoom -- right now it has fixed speeds, but I intend to allow custom speeds
-If you have Mappoint and MM, you CAN actually use both simulteneously! RR will manage the serial port whe opening/closing MM and communicate with it when open in order to make mappoint work while MM is running. This is a completely optional feature and will only work if MM is set to use NMEA and it is embbeded natively (RR FAQs explain this).
SPEECH support has been improved to use SAPI5
If you do not have, or do not wish to use SAPI5, you can still use SAPI4 by adding this line to your RR.INI:
To reset a PCI/USB Radio/TV card, check the reset option in RRConfig and select the device to be reset. This adds considerable time between switching into Radio/TV, so I'd suggest using it only when you absolutely have to. The time it takes is to: Close winamp (it may be using the card), Reset Card, Start Winamp.
Reload on Hibernate is done with this line in RR.INI:
The Sendkey function works with the same VB sendkey strings -- I'll post those later, for now, feel free to ask me how to send specific keycodes.