Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: RR Doesn't Resume Music after Hibernate

  1. #11
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    you can try this:

    -Remove the hibernateaware line from RR.INI
    -Open ExecTBL.INI from the last update, make these changes:

    "ONSUSPEND","CLOSEWINAMP"
    "ONRESUME","STARTWINAMP"

    If that doesn't work, I assume this has to be some kind of hardware/driver issue unrelated to RR and winamp.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  2. #12
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    you can try this:

    -Remove the hibernateaware line from RR.INI
    -Open ExecTBL.INI from the last update, make these changes:

    "ONSUSPEND","CLOSEWINAMP"
    "ONRESUME","STARTWINAMP"

    If that doesn't work, I assume this has to be some kind of hardware/driver issue unrelated to RR and winamp.
    I'll try it later. I guess I have to DL and install the latest version of RR then, correct?

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  3. #13
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    uhh... yeah.... if you tried the hibernateaware without one of the latest RR versions that it woudn't work either. But all you need to do is download the binary package, and unzip the RR.EXE and ExecTBL.INI files ONLY -- no need to mess with any settings (this way).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  4. #14
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    uhh... yeah.... if you tried the hibernateaware without one of the latest RR versions that it woudn't work either. But all you need to do is download the binary package, and unzip the RR.EXE and ExecTBL.INI files ONLY -- no need to mess with any settings (this way).

    Well, then I will do the binaries, and then test the INI hack once again, and if that doesn't work, move on to the TBL hack.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  5. #15
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    I bet you'll find that it will do it with any frontend, I have the same problem with centrafuse or frodoplayer. After hibernation you have to touch the screen to get the computer to start playing music again. I have tried 3 motherboards with the same result. But my shuttle XPC would come out of hibernation and start playing music with no problems.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

  6. #16
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Hmm, I have only used one mobo, several xp installations...

    at first I was using NMC... I would get music about 1 second before my desktop/frontend would reappear... basically, coming out of hibernation I would get "Windows is resuming.......................................... ........."MUSIC STARTS"..."Back to Frontend...

    Then I think I started having problems after a while of using RR (I *think* the really old versions didnt have this, but maybe it happened when i switched from NMC to RR)...

    I tried on my laptop and RR hibernates fine without touching ANYTHING. Could you maybe add a command that we could put in ExecTBL to try and move the cursor manually 5 pixels or something? (Of course we must give a slight delay... maybe 2 functions WAIT;500||MOUSEMVX;-5 to wait 1/2 second, and then move mouse -f pixels on X axis? Dunno, just a suggestion
    Roy

    2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

  7. #17
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    Hmm, I have only used one mobo, several xp installations...

    at first I was using NMC... I would get music about 1 second before my desktop/frontend would reappear... basically, coming out of hibernation I would get "Windows is resuming.......................................... ........."MUSIC STARTS"..."Back to Frontend...

    Then I think I started having problems after a while of using RR (I *think* the really old versions didnt have this, but maybe it happened when i switched from NMC to RR)...

    I tried on my laptop and RR hibernates fine without touching ANYTHING. Could you maybe add a command that we could put in ExecTBL to try and move the cursor manually 5 pixels or something? (Of course we must give a slight delay... maybe 2 functions WAIT;500||MOUSEMVX;-5 to wait 1/2 second, and then move mouse -f pixels on X axis? Dunno, just a suggestion
    I like that idea. Have no idea how practical it is, but I like it anyway.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  8. #18
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    it would only really be useful if it solves that problem!
    Roy

    2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

  9. #19
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    The effect you got with NMC is the result of IGNORING hibernation.. you can do that by using the hibernateaware=false setting in RR.INI... I'm pretty sure the problem with the music is something winamp related, while I can't prove it (nor debug it, since I've never seen it), have you tried to open winamp (ALONE) hibernate and resume (while playing music) to see what happens ?

    For moving the mouse you can use "CTRLLEFT" or "CTRLRIGHT" (will move the mouse away from the screen). I'd try those two settings in ExecTBL.INI:

    "ONRESUME","CTRLLEFT"

    or (close/re-open winamp for a "wait" effect):

    "ONSUSPEND","CLOSEWINAMP"
    "ONRESUME","STARTWINAMP||CTRLLEFT"

    If the above doesn't work then it's unlikely any SOFTWARE operation will be able to simulate the mouse move for your hardware to work -- In my opinion something with the mouse driver could be "locking up" when resuming and preventing any other application from receiving the "RESUME" message from windows ... but then again I can't be sure since the hibernateaware=false settings seems to have no effect.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #20
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Yippeee, the INI hack worked for me with the latest version of RR.



    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 03:57 PM
  2. no sound on resume from hibernate FIX temporarly
    By xdjxklusivex in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 12:23 PM
  3. status update....
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
  4. Audio crash after hibernate (USB alerts)
    By Peoples in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
  5. No auto resume music and video?
    By organasised in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •