Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Any way to keep video playing while switching to GPS or apps?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate DoubleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    63

    Any way to keep video playing while switching to GPS or apps?

    I have a lot of my music as music videos and would like to be able to switch to gps for a sec to check on things without the sound cutting out. I have checked a bunch of the settings but have yet to find any setting that will take care of this. Is there perhaps a line of code that I could add or any workaround to this?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleC
    I have a lot of my music as music videos and would like to be able to switch to gps for a sec to check on things without the sound cutting out. I have checked a bunch of the settings but have yet to find any setting that will take care of this. Is there perhaps a line of code that I could add or any workaround to this?

    Thanks
    Its not pretty, but:
    1. I added the extensions for my videos to the audio file types in RRConfig.
    2. Created a winamp playlist of just my videos (or you can make your video directory accessible to the audio browser).
    3. Created a Launch App for winamp video window.
    Winamp.ini:
    [GENERAL]
    PATH = C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
    TryEmbeddedTimeOut = 5
    WindowSearchString=!Winamp Video

    Whenever I want to watch videos uninterrupted I load the video playlist in the music player and launch the winamp video player. The music player controls the playlist - Rewind, FF, next, etc. and videos play no matter what is on screen (except Vid/DVD player of course). Since I use a modified Zots and remote I can jump back and forth from GPS, weather, traffic, phone, XM, FM, Internet, or other apps no problem.

    Like I said its not the optimal solution but it works. I'm tempted to put a song slider beneath the music controls and that would be everything I need.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate DoubleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    63
    That seems like it will do the trick gonna give it a try in the morning.

    Thanks alot.

  4. #4
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Be forewarned - this method is EXTREMELY CPU Intensive
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate DoubleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    63
    I run Semp 3200+ so it should be alright.

  6. #6
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Let me know how well this works for you.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate DoubleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    63
    It works pretty well I do need to do a little skin modding but it's not bad for how easy it is. I will throw up a screen when I get a chance.

    Thanks alot for the help.

  8. #8
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleC
    It works pretty well I do need to do a little skin modding but it's not bad for how easy it is. I will throw up a screen when I get a chance.

    Thanks alot for the help.
    Speaking of that I've found Winamp 2.9 with the clasic skin works best on my system. Once started, I still have to hit the expand button on the Winamp border to get rid of the winamp frame. A small price to pay for the functionality.

    What version of Winamp are you using? I'm seriously considering the newest Winamp 5.12 for the streaming radio library addons, but don't know how bad that's gonna be on the video side - there's always tradeoffs.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate DoubleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    63


    Only thing that bugs me well not really as I hardly ever see it but the vol bar is slightly off the screen on the right side. everything else works great. I do ge the occasional blank screen as a new video is loading for a second or 2 but I don't get any stuttering during videos.

    Oh and as for your Q's I have used both winamp 2.X and 5.X both worked about the same I am using the 5.x right now just to see if there are any major differences.

    Edit: Actually after further review the volume is cause by just a handfull of videos must be the Aspect ratio that they used

  10. #10
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleC


    Only thing that bugs me well not really as I hardly ever see it but the vol bar is slightly off the screen on the right side. everything else works great. I do ge the occasional blank screen as a new video is loading for a second or 2 but I don't get any stuttering during videos.

    Oh and as for your Q's I have used both winamp 2.X and 5.X both worked about the same I am using the 5.x right now just to see if there are any major differences.

    Edit: Actually after further review the volume is cause by just a handfull of videos must be the Aspect ratio that they used
    I agree with your diagnosis on the aspect ratio. Since you're running Winamp 5.xx, have you tried their streaming radio and videos? (that is if you have internet in the car) I'm trying to get to the point where I can stream from my home network Server.

    Glad I could help you. OBTW, where can I find that CFX skin in the colors you're using?
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. gps with video output ?
    By djjoonie in forum GPS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 05:28 PM
  2. Video input switching device
    By vr4 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 02:08 AM
  3. Playing Different Video File Types With ME v2.0
    By blicky_1 in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 05:54 AM
  4. I need a video player that crops out the black bars while playing.
    By cproaudio in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 05:41 AM
  5. Playing different types of music and video files
    By wysiwyg in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 10:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •