Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Character recognition

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    664

    Character recognition

    Hey guys,

    Don't know if you saw that video for the StreetDeck thing here:

    http://www.streetdeck.com/preview_media/preview.wmv

    Is there any way we could adopt that method of character recognition? Seems pretty cool...

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. #2
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    I was actually thinking the same thing, except to make it universal. Like I could make a transparent window that covers the whole screen on which you write.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    I was looking at the handwriting recognition that is native in XP. I will continue to work on it to see if it feasible. Great idea by the way.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  4. #4
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    I'll will just have to say that was thinking just outside the box...nifty idea...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  5. #5
    FLAC
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vienna, VA
    Posts
    1,375
    StrokeIt (eh horrible name but cool app).

    http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

  6. #6
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing
    I was looking at the handwriting recognition that is native in XP. I will continue to work on it to see if it feasible. Great idea by the way.
    That's only for tablet edition. Even the SDK from MS compiles apps for tablet edition (although you don't have to develop the app on the tablet pc).

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    That's only for tablet edition. Even the SDK from MS compiles apps for tablet edition (although you don't have to develop the app on the tablet pc).
    No, I have XP pro and I turned it on and it worked very well. It is accessed here. http://support.microsoft.com/default...306906&sd=tech
    I am still playing with the settings but the "write anywhere" feature looks promising. You can setup the preferences for any app on the PC and the recognition is very good.

    BTW your MB panel is on the way 0l33l.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  8. #8
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by b8bboi
    StrokeIt (eh horrible name but cool app).

    http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

    As I was watching the preview for Steetdeck I was thinking: That's not really a very good name for this IMHO. THEN I saw StrokeIT and I thought: StreetDeck was fine.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate Civic03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    605
    That was very cool. Let's go 0I33I!!

    PROGRESS 95%[//////////]Complete - Software configurations
    Current Task: Just adding on...
    Needed:wireless keyboard/mouse
    My Carputer Blog
    Car System Site

  10. #10
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing
    No, I have XP pro and I turned it on and it worked very well. It is accessed here. http://support.microsoft.com/default...306906&sd=tech
    I am still playing with the settings but the "write anywhere" feature looks promising. You can setup the preferences for any app on the PC and the recognition is very good.

    BTW your MB panel is on the way 0l33l.
    how do you turn it on or download and install it if you dont have OfficeXP? This would be very usefull instead of an OSK
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Similar Threads

  1. Voice Recognition Whilst Playing Music?
    By konnichiwa in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 01:54 PM
  2. Voice recognition problems. WinXP/Navivoice.
    By mikebaz in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. Character LCD in MediaCar
    By RagingTurkey in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:09 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
  5. character and tft lcd at the same time
    By Sike in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2001, 06:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •