Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Can someone help me get DVDs to play?

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate srcstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    572

    Can someone help me get DVDs to play?

    I have RR setup on both my home PC and carpc. I can play DVDs fine on the home PC but not the carpc.
    I've checked the settings on both and everything appears to be setup the same.
    I downloaded mplayerc.exe from the links page on guino's site and I've got the path setup right on both PCs in RRConfig.exe.
    I've got my drive letter setup on ExecTBL.ini in the skin folder.

    Code:
    "LOADCD","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat" "J||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u;Audio CD||!BROWSE"
    "LOADCD_CANCEL","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat" "J||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u;Audio CD||!BROWSE||CANCEL"
    I also have Windows Media player 10 on both PCs and I can play the DVD just fine in Media player 10. So it's not the drive.

    I tried running mplayerc.exe by itself and when I hit CTRL D to play I get this:


    http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prob2yl.jpg



    Any help would be appreciated.


    -Rich

  2. #2
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    I had this problem & winded up having rr play videos with a different program, I think I used powerDVD..... you can set up rr to use a different app for videos than the included mpc....

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate srcstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6
    I had this problem & winded up having rr play videos with a different program, I think I used powerDVD..... you can set up rr to use a different app for videos than the included mpc....
    Damn, that's what I'll have to do if I can't get this fixed. Which is better for emedding in RR? WinDVD or PowerDVD? Got a screenshot?


    Rich

  4. #4
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    Install the K-lite codec pack full. Then run fixcodecs (Comes w/ k-lite)

    Fixcodecs is not available through the start menu, its in the directory in program files after you install the pack. I think in the TOOLs folder. Anyway

    Detect broken codecs

    Enable all of the streams for ogg splitter

    Make sure to check boost AC3 volume

    http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Co...k_download.htm

    Make sure to choose full version


    That should solve the problem. Plus - Klite is an all in one solution for codecs - comes w/ Gspot too.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate srcstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by J187
    Install the K-lite codec pack full. Then run fixcodecs (Comes w/ k-lite)

    Fixcodecs is not available through the start menu, its in the directory in program files after you install the pack. I think in the TOOLs folder. Anyway

    Detect broken codecs

    Enable all of the streams for ogg splitter

    Make sure to check boost AC3 volume

    http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Co...k_download.htm

    Make sure to choose full version


    That should solve the problem. Plus - Klite is an all in one solution for codecs - comes w/ Gspot too.

    Thank you, I'll try it now.


    Rich

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate srcstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    572
    Downloaded the full version and installed with default options. Then ran Fixcodecs with these options,

    Detect broken codecs
    Make sure to check boost AC3 volume

    But I didn't see what you meant by "Enable all of the streams for ogg splitter"

    And it still doesn't work.

  7. #7
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    There will be options under OG splitter with check boxes, make sure they are selected. IT didn't work, thats a shame I thought it would.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    I'm using powerDVD on mine with no problems...... it works perfect & embeds perfect...... how it displays is pretty skin specific, but works fine.... I never could get it to work with mpc......

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate srcstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by J187
    There will be options under OG splitter with check boxes, make sure they are selected.

    Do you mean when I'm installing it or when I'm running the fixcodecs program?


    Rich

  10. #10
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    you need a AC3Decoder most likely.. the thing is that MPC has a built in AC3 decoder that should kick in unless you disabled it.. if you're having this types of problems, I'd suggest using powerdvd/windvd etc, at least until I build a WMP based DVD player.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 09:26 PM
  3. Media Engine won't play DVDs??
    By sq_geek in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 12:32 PM
  4. cant play dvd's on media engine 2.0
    By streetknight in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 02:51 AM
  5. VIA m10000 can not play dvd's smoothly
    By -al- in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 05:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •