Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MENU POPUP with - SetVar / SetLabel question ...

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348

    MENU POPUP with - SetVar / SetLabel question ...

    Guys.

    This is the first time I am doing this - and have reviewed the following so know I am pretty close and just need a pointer or two...

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...908#post835908

    Here is what I am trying to do:

    1 - Have my main skin page loaded with a bunch of LABELS/VARS all loaded up...

    2 - Want to set those labels in a TEMP VAR/LABEL - syntax? Example -- PopupLabel = Label1, or PopupLabel = Label2 - or Icons also...?

    3 - Then proceed to load the popup via. MENU;POPUP.skin...

    Summary -
    - all labels are loaded but will be in variants of 1, 2, 3, 4 ...
    - need to toss them in a holder, including the icon
    - then load the popup with them displayed as their holder Label / Icon?

    I am working thru this and just got around to it, know this is a stupid question for many and plan to look into a few more skins to research.

    Thanks for any assist...

  2. #2
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    It would be easier to provide an example.. say if you wanted to display some alerts with icons on a popup.. the best thing to do would be to make a label to display the text like this label code:

    "=$MSGTEXT$"

    Then make an indicator code like:

    "FILE;$MSGICON$"

    Then whenever you want to display your popup you'd set those two variables first (from whatever, buttons/flash/sdk) and use the menu command to display it, for instance:

    "SETVAR;MSGTEXT;Hello World!"
    "SETVAR;MSGICON;Hello.gif"
    "MENU;MSGBOX.SKIN"

    Similarly you could have used switchbutton, byvar or any other means you see fit to set the contents of the variables with the data to be displayed. This could be useful for instance if you made a little outside application that monitors something and gives out alerts (in a popup in RR) -- specially useful if you don't want to go through the trouble of making your application support skins.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348
    Guino -

    Here is my challenge or lack of understanding. The labels, for example city_1, gas_1_location, gas_2_location, gas_3_location, ...... weather_1_map, weather_2_map, weather_1_icon, weather_2_icon....

    Those are labels with contents loaded. What I would be doing is creating a popup menu (BUTTON LOADED) but so I don't have to have multiple popups for each of those - 1-2-3 .... I would place the label contents in a temp LABEL, then use that label within the popup skin, until reloaded. The contents will be likely LABEL and ICON.

    Very much like a zoom, could be used for a movie also - click on it, and up comes a zoom overlay/popup with bigger text and details but so the skin does not need to be replicated the contents of the vars/labels are placed in a label and icon holders prior to the popup loading - then the popup knows what they equal.

    I was thinking it would look like "SETLABEL;gas_address;gas_0_address" then when the popup loads it will be skinned with a label "gas_address" which now contains the contents set. ?

    Does this make sense - I am sure it is but stupid but sorry...

    Thanks for the assist. I have many places I plan to use this so jut trying to grasp the logic which I know you could **** out after your morning breakfast




    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    It would be easier to provide an example.. say if you wanted to display some alerts with icons on a popup.. the best thing to do would be to make a label to display the text like this label code:

    "=$MSGTEXT$"

    Then make an indicator code like:

    "FILE;$MSGICON$"

    Then whenever you want to display your popup you'd set those two variables first (from whatever, buttons/flash/sdk) and use the menu command to display it, for instance:

    "SETVAR;MSGTEXT;Hello World!"
    "SETVAR;MSGICON;Hello.gif"
    "MENU;MSGBOX.SKIN"

    Similarly you could have used switchbutton, byvar or any other means you see fit to set the contents of the variables with the data to be displayed. This could be useful for instance if you made a little outside application that monitors something and gives out alerts (in a popup in RR) -- specially useful if you don't want to go through the trouble of making your application support skins.

  4. #4
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    You can do that using byvar (for labels) -- I'll have to add byvar support for indicators. I'll try do work on it today.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348
    Guino - let me know and a million thanks. This is the first of many times I will be trying this so trying to grasp ...

    Still not sure I understand the syntax but will sample with it more.

    Thanks again...



    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    You can do that using byvar (for labels) -- I'll have to add byvar support for indicators. I'll try do work on it today.

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate M^ck^y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    308
    Could this be used for a transparent pop up showing a volume indicator on volume changes. The advantage of this is that I will be able to have a volume indicator (progress bar) without taking much space on the screen and still show volume % all the time.

  7. #7
    FLAC Sal R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by kolemieux View Post
    Guys.

    This is the first time I am doing this - and have reviewed the following so know I am pretty close and just need a pointer or two...

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...908#post835908

    Here is what I am trying to do:

    1 - Have my main skin page loaded with a bunch of LABELS/VARS all loaded up...

    2 - Want to set those labels in a TEMP VAR/LABEL - syntax? Example -- PopupLabel = Label1, or PopupLabel = Label2 - or Icons also...?

    3 - Then proceed to load the popup via. MENU;POPUP.skin...

    Summary -
    - all labels are loaded but will be in variants of 1, 2, 3, 4 ...
    - need to toss them in a holder, including the icon
    - then load the popup with them displayed as their holder Label / Icon?

    I am working thru this and just got around to it, know this is a stupid question for many and plan to look into a few more skins to research.

    Thanks for any assist...
    As guino stated, you'll need to set a criteria for which set of variables you want to load using commands like BYIND or BYVAR.

    i.e.
    rr.ini or skin.ini

    VAR1=Some constant value 1
    VAR2=Some constant value 2
    VAR3=Some constant value 3

    ExecTBL.ini
    "VARSEL1","SETVAR;TEMPlabel;VAR1"
    "VARSEL2","SETVAR;TEMPlabel;VAR2"
    "VARSEL3","SETVAR;TEMPlabel;VAR3"

    In the skin button calling popup:
    "BYVAR;CRITERIA;VARSEL1<<VARSEL2<<VARSEL3||MENU;PO PUP.skin"

    In the popup menu:
    L,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XX,"X","=TEMPlabel", "CENTER"

  8. #8
    FLAC Sal R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by M^ck^y View Post
    Could this be used for a transparent pop up showing a volume indicator on volume changes. The advantage of this is that I will be able to have a volume indicator (progress bar) without taking much space on the screen and still show volume % all the time.
    Sure, I've used it on one iteration of my skin.

    For your VOL+ or VOL- button, you can add a command like this:

    BXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,"MENU;VOL.skin||VOL+,

    and in the VOL.skin, add the line to close the popup after 1 sec of no input:

    IDL,1

    ExecTBL.ini
    "IDLE","EXIT"

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate will_santana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brasil
    Posts
    186
    ok... bringin the topic back from ashes...

    i've manager to make my pop window just fine
    but can anyone help me making a progress bar?

    I don't wanna a slider, once it won't be interactive. just wanna display the volume percentage visually

    any hints?

    []s

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate will_santana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brasil
    Posts
    186
    question solved

    just for help of the future skinners, you should use slider styles (Y)

    the style SHOULD come BEFORE the slider that uses it and the slider pointer gotta have zero in H2 parameter.

    that will do the job

    []s

Similar Threads

  1. Overlay menu question
    By Custommx3 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
  2. question about the menu dissapearing after 5 secs
    By lominono in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 01:41 AM
  4. Popup internet windows - a question
    By gadget in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
  5. The Menu - A Newbie Question ( Sorry )
    By ccsnet in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •