Nice frontend, got it installed, using Blue devil skin...only issue I have is my iGuidance won't work. (my antenna is on com3)
I have the config set to com 3, and tried com "03", still nothing. If I exit out of RR and run iguidance alone it works fine.
Sorry if it's been asked before.
EDIT, the map comes up fine, just no gps signal
AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
"A great smoking alternative"
is it that time of the month again?
yep, the gps port in RR is NOT to be used if you are using a GPS program, unless you have a com splitter.
This MAY be another problem as well. I have strange issue with iGuidance, that I have seen someone else mention somewhere once before in the forums.
iGuidance can be very fickle, and simply seem to refuse to get a lock at times.
I have a recurring issue, my Delorme GPS receiver comes with a port splitter/GPS monitor utility. That utility can show a SOLID lock. Iguidance on the other hand, with the CORRECT com port, refuses to get a lock. Pressing "G" in iGuidance to bring up the GPS status screen, will show the current speed and lat and lon correctly and actively changing. Yet, iG will show that no satellites are locked, and will not track on the map. This really makes no sense, as I can physically (on the iG GPS screen) see the Lat, Lon and Speed updating. Leaving iG open, it will eventually get a lock, this can be from instantly loading iG to sometimes waiting up to 10 minutes before this happens.
Has anyone else experienced this? I doubt it is just something only happening to me , on BOTH my desktop and CarPC.
yes i had the same problem. I am using delorme usb with delorme serial emulator from their site with xport with IG3. I found that it was the emulator that was causing the problem. All I did was to exit the emulator, uninstall it, reinstall it.
The other thing you might want to do is change the port settings on it. Mine was 3 nema on, 4 & 5 nema off for the serial emulator. I change it to 4 nema on, 5 & 9 nema off.
If you use xport like I do, you also need to change it to read the new ports. also check RR settings and IG3 so that are reading the correct ports.
I did this and now no more problems. I hope this helps.
The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
The Florida Meets Thread
hardware, which would give me a lock.
I needed another GPS to be able to swap to another vehicle...I bought the USGlobalSat BU-353 and it's MUCH more sensitive than the earthmate, I can even get a lock in my garage and inside (coulodn't with the Earthmate.
With Franson GPSGate I have no problems with iGuidance.
Woot had MS Streets & Trips bundled with a GPS receiver for $30 a couple weeks ago, and I bought it just for the MS re-branded Pharos GPS receiver. This receiver is also MUCH more sensitive than the LT-20 Delorm receiver. On the desktop PC I get a solid lock of like 6 sats INSIDE the house. The Delorme would not get a lock on even a single Sat.
I bought the new receiver to work with my PocketPC with an adapter, but after reading through this thread, I think I am gonna stick the MS GPS unit in the car now, and switch to using Xport.
Well it indeed turned out to be a problem with the Delorme Earthmate LT-20, and/or the splitter software that comes with it. I switched the GPS out for the Microsoft rebranded Pharos one,and switched to Xport. I get a lock MUCH faster, and not a single issue with iGuidance acting up. In fact, from a cold boot, by the time RR loads, and I switch to the IG screen, it is showing my correct position.
I know many people are using the LT-20, as it's packaged with GPS software, and available at all the big box stores. If you are having a similar problem, try dumping the Delorme Serial software, and try Xport. It may solve some issues if you are having problems.
Up until this switch, I was sure it was an iGuidance issue, and just dealt with!
I have 2 Delorme Earthmate receivers (not LT-20) and a AyAy-Sir. All have been very GOOD with it own drivers and Xport3. I try Delorme driver that come with COM port spliter and that doesn't work as well as Xport3.
When I installed iG3, it cause some problem (god knows), that make receiver die out of hibernation. I have to uninstall and reinstall the driver, xport3 and iG in this order (iG, gps driver, xport3.) That seem to fix the problem with hibernation. But one in every other fullmoon, hibernation problem come back. Reboot the machine and wait for another fullmoon.
In my Supra, I still running Routis and it give me ZERO problem since last reboot which is years ago.