Frustrated with RR and IG3 embedding...
I'm at wits end with this, dunno if anybody experienced this problem or not. I'm using RR with the default BMV2 skin (I still somehow like it the most, maybe cause it matches my dash panel color... anyway). I'm using Skinbedder v3 for IG embedding. So I'm driving and want to use my GPS. I hit the GPS button. One of the following happens, with approximately equal probability factor:
1. The IG3 screen comes up. It's offset so that the bottom status bar is invisible, and the top is slightly covered by the top of the BMV2 titlebar. But it works. Fine, I won't complain.
2. The IG3 screen comes up. It fails to reconnect to the GPS.
3. A white screen comes up. I have to hit Start | Shutdown | Restart, it tells me Skinbedder is not responding, I have to kill it, reboot, etc.
4. A white screen comes up. Computer locks 100%. Have to park, turn off car engine and wait 60 seconds for cold power shutoff (no power switch with easy access) (was kind of considering shifting into neutral, turning off the engine and rolling - wonder if that would work? but the car is auto, so I don't think it would restart on gear shift like manuals do...).
- if I turn off the engine while IG3 is running fine, when I come back and restore from hibernation I have about a 50/50 chance that it will reconnect back to the GPS - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't and I close it and attempt to restart again, see points 1-4 above for possible outcomes.
I've no idea what's going on. I'm sure other people have successfully integrated IG3 and it functions as supposed to. What's wrong with this damn thing :( Maybe I don't need Skinbedder?
I tried IGnative, but that didn't work because Skinbedder sends the Alt+keys to reconnect to the COM port, and IGnative doesn't - and my IG3 just simply does NOT remember the last used COM port when used inside RR. In standalone mode it works, but not in RR - and I've checked the RR port, it's set to 0.
If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears...