Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 475
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FreeFone 1.3 Full integration with Roadrunner

  1. #121
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceplayagt14 View Post
    CdR how long does activation take on your web site..I registered two days ago, and still yet to receive an email. Thanks.
    Approved you..

    ....

    What sony phone do you have ?

  2. #122
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Hi m8, just drop this into your skin folder.. u will get the idea of what its doing.. its sort of skinable...
    CdR
    Sorry, but drop what in the skin folder? That image you posted? I see no "ffbackground.jpg" there now, so am thinking it can't be that....

    I went to your site, and didn't see any recent updates or releases, so I am just not quite sure what you mean, sorry....

    If it is the image that you mean, that unfortunately will not work either That maroon screen cap was just an example. My entire skin changes colors through a settings menu. It lets anyone use a color, texture, photo of their family, or whatever as the background throughout the entire skin basically.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  3. #123
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Approved you..
    Thanks man.

  4. #124
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Sorry, but drop what in the skin folder? That image you posted? I see no "ffbackground.jpg" there now, so am thinking it can't be that....

    I went to your site, and didn't see any recent updates or releases, so I am just not quite sure what you mean, sorry....

    If it is the image that you mean, that unfortunately will not work either That maroon screen cap was just an example. My entire skin changes colors through a settings menu. It lets anyone use a color, texture, photo of their family, or whatever as the background throughout the entire skin basically.
    Hi m8, if there is a ffbackground in the skin folder then freefone uses that, if there isnt then it just defaults to normal, but as you have made your background changable then at least you could just turn it to black so it doesnt stand out to much.

    CdR

  5. #125
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    520
    So the ffbackground.jpg is a fixed size and you have to use the dimension 800x400 and same button positions when you want do create a skin, right ?
    Could you post a pic where the borders of each button are ?

  6. #126
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am not a flash programmer by any means of the term, so please forgive me, if this can't be done, or if I am saying it incorrectly

    I am making an assumption that the program was written in flash, and compiled to an .exe. Is there a way to remove that "carbon fiber" layer, and just make the area transparent? Some time ago, I did this, with my very limited knowledge of flash, to the Flash gauges (Speedo, compass, satellites ect) for use on my skin. It took me forever an a lot of guessing & trial and error for me to get it to work, but eventually I was able to figure it out.

    Here are the transparent gauges, just as an example of how they will blend with any chosen background.

    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  7. #127
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    So the ffbackground.jpg is a fixed size and you have to use the dimension 800x400 and same button positions when you want do create a skin, right ?
    Could you post a pic where the borders of each button are ?
    yep thats right, I have the psd somewhere, will upload in later if you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    I am not a flash programmer by any means of the term, so please forgive me, if this can't be done, or if I am saying it incorrectly

    I am making an assumption that the program was written in flash, and compiled to an .exe. Is there a way to remove that "carbon fiber" layer, and just make the area transparent? Some time ago, I did this, with my very limited knowledge of flash, to the Flash gauges (Speedo, compass, satellites ect) for use on my skin. It took me forever an a lot of guessing & trial and error for me to get it to work, but eventually I was able to figure it out.

    Here are the transparent gauges, just as an example of how they will blend with any chosen background.

    I'm assuming you just compiled the swf into a exe, which would keep the transparent look, my are embedded into a vb application which as far as I know cant be transarent.. BUT I would be able to load a image underneth the button image which would make it look part of your skin, I would have to make the background movable by x , y so you can align it up right and you would need to save the image name to the skin.ini file via roadrunner but if you can change the background inside your skin then this variable would be easy to update. I will have a play next week when I get chance if thats any help.

    CdR

  8. #128
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ahhhh I didn't know you compiled it into a VB application, that would make it impossible to make it transparent in that respect for sure.

    As for the gauges in my skin, I just decompiled the SWF's, to FLA's, removed the existing BG image, and saved em back to SWF files again. It sounds simple, but was many hours work for me, as I know nothing about flash! I somehow kept screwing up the action script, and would test, and have to revert to the original code, and try over an over till I got it right hehehe.

    I do think that defining a BG image to use in the code, from an ini would definitely work though. I am using the new RR variable "BACKGROUND" to define the image in the skin. When a user changes the BG through the skin, it changes the variable in memory, and then saves that image name to the ini.

    The new BACKGROUND variable is used by RR, and is changeable at runtime. It would just be a matter of looking in the ini to see if that var is defined, and if not, to use a default bg ect.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  9. #129
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    91
    how would u go about if your phone doesnt support serial port service through BT. I have a Motorolla E815 and doesnt seem to have serial port service, atleast i dont see it under services. Anyway to use DUN port??

  10. #130
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    yep thats right, I have the psd somewhere, will upload in later if you want.
    Yes, please, that would be nice .

    @JohnWPB
    I'm also interested in your transparent gauges. Is the exe included in your skin (didn't check now, I'm short of time, but I guess you uploaded your skin, right ?) ?

Similar Threads

  1. Playing full screen video only to rear screen
    By yossisibi in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 06:06 AM
  2. Can roadrunner be full screen?
    By black06stang in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 09:06 AM
  3. Roadrunner Skinning Tutorial
    By Meelobee in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 07:28 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •