Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: RoadRunner USB Joystick V3.0 Released

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate Pistolen08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampabay, Florida
    Posts
    256
    I took down the file. A total of 8 people downloaded it within the almost 2 hours it was up. I can understand linking to a download page with a hit counter to track popluarity, but not having to register etc.. IMO, the less hassle the end user has to put up with, the more popular your product will be. Having to register, input your e-mail, check it, then go back and download the file is too much work. That is just my opinion though.

  2. #12
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolen08 View Post
    I took down the file. A total of 8 people downloaded it within the almost 2 hours it was up. I can understand linking to a download page with a hit counter to track popluarity, but not having to register etc.. IMO, the less hassle the end user has to put up with, the more popular your product will be. Having to register, input your e-mail, check it, then go back and download the file is too much work. That is just my opinion though.
    I agree it can be a hassle, but the way I see it, and I don't think I'm the only one, is that some people will just go around willy nilly downloading files off websites as they go along, just in case they might use it.

    Well i want people who are really interested in using it downloading it. If someone is serious about using it, then they won't mind registering to download. Plus if they are registered on the forum they can easily be made aware of new updates etc. IMO.

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    152
    It's only 17.2kb..

  4. #14

  5. #15
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    If I wanted to attach the file on here I would of done.. It most likely took me over 48 hours to write this including all the testing and messing about I did. If someone cant even be arsed to spend a minute reg'in on my site to download the free program, then I cant be arsed with em..

    thanks Enforcer :-) for the respect..

    CdR

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    and?
    And that would extrapolate to only ~54 megabytes per month. I was just a little confused why the guy took it down because it looked like he said he was taking it down due to bandwidth consumption but I really didn't think .02kB/sec was that much bandwidth..

    I get the impression that you thought I was commenting on CDR requiring forum reg to download his app. I wasn't though, I'm fine with it, and I'm actually registered over there, soo...

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate Pistolen08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampabay, Florida
    Posts
    256
    I took it down because apparently CDR wanted you to register on his forum before you could download it (Even though most people will use dodgeit/bugmenot). Not due to bandwidth useage.

  8. #18
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by netchris View Post

    I get the impression that you thought I was commenting on CDR requiring forum reg to download his app. I wasn't though, I'm fine with it, and I'm actually registered over there, soo...
    I was questioning what your number was relating to, as your post gave no indication.

    It's like walking into a meeting room and randomly saying a number out loud, no one will have any idea what you are talking about or to.

  9. #19
    Constant Bitrate soundoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    192
    tested - works perfectly with my ultra cheap **** gamepad from hong kong

    thanks heaps CDR just added a whole new level of cool to my carPC

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I was questioning what your number was relating to, as your post gave no indication.

    It's like walking into a meeting room and randomly saying a number out loud, no one will have any idea what you are talking about or to.
    SEVENTEEN AND A HALF!














Similar Threads

  1. USB hub does not always initialize on boot
    By d_sellers1 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 03:41 AM
  2. Powered Hub, Lots of USB Devices! Will this work?
    By adamharrisuk in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
  3. Slot load, usb sound, fm/tv tuner, wifi, laptop and more
    By dmcdlrn in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:43 PM
  4. Control your car with a usb joystick. Thats rihgt (lol rihgt is wrong)
    By churnopol in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:18 PM
  5. USB Sound Card with ASIO driver and volume control
    By tbdombrosky in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 11:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •