Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Two things with RR 2-19-05

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96

    Two things with RR 2-19-05

    1: First change from day gamma to night is OK, but the next change and all after that the night screen turns reddish... Also when you select Built in Gamma the GammaControl.exe still loads, even if i clear the line gammapath= in RR.ini, i have to remove/rename the gamma folder to get rid of gammacontrol.exe...

    2: MapMonkey, first start is OK, but if you close MapMonkey and try to load it again i just get an empty skin... Then if you exit RR and start it again it is working again.

    Same problem on two different computers, with several skins including teh BrushMetal skin with lates update

    Other than that it is working great!

  2. #2
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Passe
    1: First change from day gamma to night is OK, but the next change and all after that the night screen turns reddish... Also when you select Built in Gamma the GammaControl.exe still loads, even if i clear the line gammapath= in RR.ini, i have to remove/rename the gamma folder to get rid of gammacontrol.exe...

    2: MapMonkey, first start is OK, but if you close MapMonkey and try to load it again i just get an empty skin... Then if you exit RR and start it again it is working again.

    Same problem on two different computers, with several skins including teh BrushMetal skin with lates update

    Other than that it is working great!
    I'll look at this.. I think I know what's going on with the gamma, and after released it I noticed the "redish" problem..

    How are you exiting from MM ? X button, Exit Menu or the "back" button ?

    Let me know, I had just fixed a few issues with that earlier today (before release)..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96
    I exit with X, back button works ok, but then MM is still running, X is closing MM, and it does, because it is gone from task manager. The problem is when RR should relaunch MM.

  4. #4
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Passe
    I exit with X, back button works ok, but then MM is still running, X is closing MM, and it does, because it is gone from task manager. The problem is when RR should relaunch MM.
    On my tests, that was working fine.. anyway, if you don't close MM, it won't interfere with your activities unless you want to run another GPS app. If you exit RR while MM is running on the background, RR will close MM for you (now it will).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    On my tests, that was working fine.. anyway, if you don't close MM, it won't interfere with your activities unless you want to run another GPS app. If you exit RR while MM is running on the background, RR will close MM for you (now it will).
    Problem is, i need to be able to switch between two GPS apps...

    Tried it on a third computer clean install, still the same, and also if you close MM from itself you get the same result. Replaced RR.exe with 2-15 version, it is working perfectly.

    This is what i get from debug in old version 2-15:
    2005-02-19 12:23:52: Executing: GPS
    2005-02-19 12:23:53: Shell: "C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe"
    2005-02-19 12:24:05: Executing: CLOSE
    2005-02-19 12:24:09: Executing: GPS
    2005-02-19 12:24:09: Shell: "C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe"
    2005-02-19 12:24:15: Executing: CLOSE
    2005-02-19 12:24:17: Executing: EXIT

    This i what i get from new version 2-19 when doing the same thing:
    2005-02-19 12:27:42: Executing: GPS
    2005-02-19 12:27:44: Shell: "C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe"
    2005-02-19 12:27:49: Executing: CLOSE
    2005-02-19 12:27:52: Executing: GPS
    2005-02-19 12:27:57: Executing: CLOSE
    2005-02-19 12:27:59: Executing: EXIT

    The only thing that i changed between these two tests is replacing RR.exe.

    Any idea what is going on???

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96
    Update:
    Tried to set up MM as external gps, and this is working...
    It is closing and reopening fine...
    Problem is, i need another GPS app as external...

    Hope you can help me on this one Guino...

  7. #7
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Passe
    Update:
    Tried to set up MM as external gps, and this is working...
    It is closing and reopening fine...
    Problem is, i need another GPS app as external...

    Hope you can help me on this one Guino...
    Don't worry, I'll fix it..

    EDIT: Fixed (hopefully).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Similar Threads

  1. RR Holistic v2.2 Beta skin is ready for download
    By holistic in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
  2. Wild Things PSone LCD to PC
    By godzi11a in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
  3. RR 2-19-05 .. little things..
    By guino in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 12:55 AM
  4. Rage against some stupid things
    By kraft in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
  5. Control things and display status of things
    By All4Norway in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2002, 01:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •