Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problems when embedding applications

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    30

    Problems when embedding applications

    I'm having some problems embedding applications in RR.
    I'm currently trying to embed the following apps:

    Infomap Navigator 4 (written in QT for windows btw)
    Netstumbler 0.4
    Nissan Data Scan (Nissan prop. scan tool, via Consult port)

    I have changed the Radio button on the menu to open Netstumbler, and the DVD button to open Datascan, and Navigator 4 is configured as an external GPS program.

    All the progs embed fine but when i start 2 or more at the same time, It seems like RR tries to embed all of them on top of each other at the same time. In other words the screen flashes between one program and the other about once every second.

    At first I thought that this was due to the GPS prog updates the screen once a second, but even if I turn off GPS tracking it still flickers.

    I have tried different window titles and also the " !Class " syntax from WinSpector and nothing seems to work. I have tried all RR versions from about feb 2004 till now and I get the same problem with all of them.

    Any ideas what might be causing this?

  2. #2
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by anohman
    I'm having some problems embedding applications in RR.
    I'm currently trying to embed the following apps:

    Infomap Navigator 4 (written in QT for windows btw)
    Netstumbler 0.4
    Nissan Data Scan (Nissan prop. scan tool, via Consult port)

    I have changed the Radio button on the menu to open Netstumbler, and the DVD button to open Datascan, and Navigator 4 is configured as an external GPS program.

    All the progs embed fine but when i start 2 or more at the same time, It seems like RR tries to embed all of them on top of each other at the same time. In other words the screen flashes between one program and the other about once every second.

    At first I thought that this was due to the GPS prog updates the screen once a second, but even if I turn off GPS tracking it still flickers.

    I have tried different window titles and also the " !Class " syntax from WinSpector and nothing seems to work. I have tried all RR versions from about feb 2004 till now and I get the same problem with all of them.

    Any ideas what might be causing this?
    You sould NOT use the same .skin file for your applications.. make 1 .skin file for each. The contents of the .skin files can b the same, just the filenames must be different.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    30

    I have....

    I do have different skin names, the GPS skin is called EXTERNAL_GPS.skin and the other ones EXTERNAL_APP_1.skin etc.
    I'm currently thinking that it has something to do with the QT UI framework working differently from other UI frameworks on windows, since QT originates from linux anyway...

  4. #4
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by anohman
    I do have different skin names, the GPS skin is called EXTERNAL_GPS.skin and the other ones EXTERNAL_APP_1.skin etc.
    I'm currently thinking that it has something to do with the QT UI framework working differently from other UI frameworks on windows, since QT originates from linux anyway...
    Well, It's possible that RR is "seeing" the windows as the same window (because of the QT stuff. Have you tried to run Normal Window applications from your external app skin files ? Try running like: Paint, Calc and Notepad on each skin file and see if it works correctly. If if does, then it's something with the QT.. if it doesn't, let me know and I'll definitely look at it.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #5
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Hi Guino,
    I test the new Dena skin for RR in my carPc,I have download you file Flash.ocx

    all ok the registration in my sistem,but when launch RR with the Dena skin, the logo turns ok and also the animations, but as soon as I for exsample launch the player audio or any other thing, the system it jams, and I have to close everything with Task Manager.

    Do you have an idea?

    The flash skin don't' work in my carPC( XP SP1),all ok same skin in my home PC!

    Mauri

  6. #6
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Well, it's important that you DO update the Flash Support of your machine before trying to use a skin with flash.. have you done this ? (The OCX is NOT everything). You should FIRST, open I.E. go to Macromedia's site and update your flash THEN if you have problems you should use the OCX I posted.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #7
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by guino
    Well, it's important that you DO update the Flash Support of your machine before trying to use a skin with flash.. have you done this ? (The OCX is NOT everything). You should FIRST, open I.E. go to Macromedia's site and update your flash THEN if you have problems you should use the OCX I posted.
    Ok, my home Pc is update whit the Macromedia player 7, and all flash skin work ok ,but I don't have the .exe for update the all macromedia flash in my carPC(no Internet connection ).
    In the site of Macromedia is possible update you Pc,but on-line.
    Guino, have you the .exe by Macromedia to load in my CarPC and update all ?

    Mauri

  8. #8
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  9. #9
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Yes, the file posted in you link its ok,and fixed all the flash skin problem

    Guino, put the .exe file in download in you site,and important for another RR friends

    Mauri

Similar Threads

  1. Problems installing Girlfriend 1.0...
    By gospeed.racer in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. Hard drive shock problems.
    By Mikesz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
  3. Add Applications - Applications Screen
    By frodobaggins in forum FP FAQ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:38 PM
  4. Dell Inspiron 8200 & Lilliput TS problems?
    By bkpsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 01:55 PM
  5. Problems with Visualization and DVD Playback
    By ether in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •