Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 125

Thread: RRCalendar with Google

  1. #101
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cool link works, will see if I have some time tomorrow to get it up and running and test everything up to this point out.

    BTW, same thing with Drop Box, seems they decided to drop direct linking to files now....
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  2. #102
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838
    I have a little issue whan i create an event !
    My settings are:
    <RRCalendar>
    <UserSettings>
    <DebugMode>True</DebugMode>
    <Username>xxxxxxx</Username>
    <Password>yyyyyy</Password>
    <PublicCalendar>False</PublicCalendar>
    <SyncOnLoad>True</SyncOnLoad>
    <GoogleSync>True</GoogleSync>
    <SpeakEvents>False</SpeakEvents>
    <DisplayReminder>False</DisplayReminder>
    <DisplayReminderWait>120000</DisplayReminderWait>
    <UseGoogleReminders>True</UseGoogleReminders>
    <HourFormat>True</HourFormat>
    <DateFormat>1</DateFormat>
    <CalendarIndicatorFolderPath></CalendarIndicatorFolderPath>
    </UserSettings>
    </RRCalendar>
    If i try to change the day , this is the month who change and if i want to change the month this is the date who change.
    I suppose that is because the date's format is dd/mm/yyyy and not mm/dd/yyyy ?

    Another issue is that if i set the DateFormat to 0 , i don't the day's number on the calendar !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #103
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838
    If i try to save my event , i obtain this error and the event don't exist into Google Calendar!
    If i create an event into Google Calendar, i don't see it into RRCalendar

    It if possible to specify a specific time for an event ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #104
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is really coming together! I have the title, notes start and end dates on my "Add_Event.skin" and it successfully saved it to my Google Calendar!

    I notice this in the readme.txt:

    RRCALENDAR_ADDEVENT- loads RRCALENDAR_newevent.skin to enter new event (all day entry)
    RRCALENDAR_ADDAPPOINTMENT- loads RRCalendar_newevent.skin to enter new appointment (Time range entry)

    Both the New Event, and New Appointment, are loading the same skin....

    Being an "event" has no time (It's an all day thing like Christmas), and an Appointment has a time associated with it, should these not be 2 different skins being called for the data entry?

    The time is not needed on the Event screen, and on the Appointment screen (Doctors appointment at 10:30 am), the time is needed, and only the actual date of the appointment, and not a start end end date.

    Am I thinking correctly on this, or have I got it confused in some way... I ask, as the whole event -vs- appointment is a bit confusing hehe
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  5. #105

  6. #106
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yea, it is a bit confusing how it works really.... On the part of Google in the first place, NOT the plugin.....

    Anyhow, from the readme.txt:
    KNOWN BUGS:
    -Reminders do not currently work
    You can strike that one off the list ! ! ! ! I just got a pop-up reminder that today was the Air Show that I went to this morning, that was entered in my iPhone calendar app a couple weeks ago! My phone, Android Tablet, Home Automation System, iPhone, are all on the same page, and any entry on one, instantly add's it to all the others. SWEEEEEET (What's Mine Say?... lame movie reference LOL) the way this all ties together!

    This is one heck of an addition to RR, and many thanks to you for creating this plugin!

    On the same topic, is there a way to change the LOAD;RRCALENDAR_TODAYSREMINDER.SKIN, to a MENU;RRCALENDAR_TODAYSREMINDER.SKIN.. or a way to set an option in the XML file or something? The default skin is not 800 x 600, so you probably meant to make it a Menu; and just got overlooked....
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  7. #107
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,148
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrotm777 View Post
    I have a little issue whan i create an event !
    My settings are:

    If i try to change the day , this is the month who change and if i want to change the month this is the date who change.
    I suppose that is because the date's format is dd/mm/yyyy and not mm/dd/yyyy ?

    Another issue is that if i set the DateFormat to 0 , i don't the day's number on the calendar !
    If you are using international settings you will have to modify the skin file and reverse the buttons for month/day. There may be a way to make RR use a different command based on a different setting, but i'm unaware of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by pierrotm777 View Post
    If i try to save my event , i obtain this error and the event don't exist into Google Calendar!
    If i create an event into Google Calendar, i don't see it into RRCalendar

    It if possible to specify a specific time for an event ?
    That error suggests your username/password are incorrect or that there is another authorization issue directly with google not the plugin. I'll look into it though

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    This is really coming together! I have the title, notes start and end dates on my "Add_Event.skin" and it successfully saved it to my Google Calendar!

    I notice this in the readme.txt:

    RRCALENDAR_ADDEVENT- loads RRCALENDAR_newevent.skin to enter new event (all day entry)
    RRCALENDAR_ADDAPPOINTMENT- loads RRCalendar_newevent.skin to enter new appointment (Time range entry)

    Both the New Event, and New Appointment, are loading the same skin....

    Being an "event" has no time (It's an all day thing like Christmas), and an Appointment has a time associated with it, should these not be 2 different skins being called for the data entry?

    The time is not needed on the Event screen, and on the Appointment screen (Doctors appointment at 10:30 am), the time is needed, and only the actual date of the appointment, and not a start end end date.

    Am I thinking correctly on this, or have I got it confused in some way... I ask, as the whole event -vs- appointment is a bit confusing hehe

    Oh you're correctly thinking, its just a matter of me being lazy lol. I will create a new optional skin file for appointments. If the file exist, it'll use that skin file, if not it'll default to events.skin

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Yea, it is a bit confusing how it works really.... On the part of Google in the first place, NOT the plugin.....

    Anyhow, from the readme.txt:


    You can strike that one off the list ! ! ! ! I just got a pop-up reminder that today was the Air Show that I went to this morning, that was entered in my iPhone calendar app a couple weeks ago! My phone, Android Tablet, Home Automation System, iPhone, are all on the same page, and any entry on one, instantly add's it to all the others. SWEEEEEET (What's Mine Say?... lame movie reference LOL) the way this all ties together!

    This is one heck of an addition to RR, and many thanks to you for creating this plugin!

    On the same topic, is there a way to change the LOAD;RRCALENDAR_TODAYSREMINDER.SKIN, to a MENU;RRCALENDAR_TODAYSREMINDER.SKIN.. or a way to set an option in the XML file or something? The default skin is not 800 x 600, so you probably meant to make it a Menu; and just got overlooked....
    I thought it was MENU command, but if its not i'll correct that because thats what i meant for it to be. I'll quick fix it.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #108
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sounds good, nope, just confirmed to be sure with the skin tool, it is defiantly firing the Load; -vs- Menu' command.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  9. #109
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok, now is where ya get to hate me.... yet again LOL!

    I was toying around with the calendar, and it is all working really well! ! ! ! Fantastic work on this for certain! Now, while I was messing around, I went a few months ahead in the calendar, and then went to add a friends birthday. I clicked on the Add Event button.... then went in a clicked up a few times with the month buttons, and then the day buttons.... then it hit me; What about a press and hold on the day in the calendar? This would auto enter the date from that cell (Code is already there to know what date has been clicked on in the calendar), and than you just need to enter the details.

    It would probably be something like press and hold a date, get a pop up asking it is an event or appointment, and then get the correct skin, with the entry fields just for the information.
    Much fewer buttons presses, which in a car is a good thing

    Lastly, is it in the works to add the recurring fields? Like a birthday, Recurs, this date, every year. Thanks Giving, Last Thursday of November... ect ect... Those fields are in the google web based app, and not sure if they are exposed in the API / SDK or not....
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  10. #110
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,148
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Ok, now is where ya get to hate me.... yet again LOL!

    I was toying around with the calendar, and it is all working really well! ! ! ! Fantastic work on this for certain! Now, while I was messing around, I went a few months ahead in the calendar, and then went to add a friends birthday. I clicked on the Add Event button.... then went in a clicked up a few times with the month buttons, and then the day buttons.... then it hit me; What about a press and hold on the day in the calendar? This would auto enter the date from that cell (Code is already there to know what date has been clicked on in the calendar), and than you just need to enter the details.

    It would probably be something like press and hold a date, get a pop up asking it is an event or appointment, and then get the correct skin, with the entry fields just for the information.
    Much fewer buttons presses, which in a car is a good thing

    Lastly, is it in the works to add the recurring fields? Like a birthday, Recurs, this date, every year. Thanks Giving, Last Thursday of November... ect ect... Those fields are in the google web based app, and not sure if they are exposed in the API / SDK or not....
    sounds easy enough. I like it!

    I'll check the api for reoccurring events, i dont remember seeing one there last time but its been awhile since i've checked. I know i also have to figure out how to handle events that span multiple dates as that's not working either.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Similar Threads

  1. Google plots a course for war with Teleatlas and Navteq . USA is victory#1
    By Fiberoptic in forum Crowdsourced Data Collection, Open Source Mapping And Routing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 05:44 PM
  2. Cacheing Google Earth Roads
    By Pandaman72 in forum GPS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •