Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: RRDroid [phone control for Android phones]

  1. #71
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennos View Post
    @ El Camino

    A command like "RRDroid_Call;Home" so one can use "OSKTOCMD;Name;RRDRoid_Call;$Name$" will be useful, the only drawback being, I believe, that then you cannot go to contacts details and choose a specific number be it a landline or mobile etc.

    If we could find a command like "SEARCHLIST" (which I understand searches through a list of songs in the audio_player skin - but this songs list is not a custom list) then we could locate a name in the list of displayed contacts and then either dial it immediately or use the "RRDroid_GetContactInfo" command to display the various telephone numbers of that particular name and choose which one to call.

    Here is my BMW36 test skin (I have it integrated in my full BMW36 skin - please note it is by no means complete) for everyone to see and try as it works independently.
    whe the code gets added youll be able to do the same with "RRDroid_GetContactInfo;Home". thanks for the hekp on the skinning part. hope some more people use this, as soon as i see less issues and more "is working" ill move the pi to the released subforum

  2. #72
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennos View Post
    @ El Camino

    A command like "RRDroid_Call;Home" so one can use "OSKTOCMD;Name;RRDRoid_Call;$Name$" will be useful, the only drawback being, I believe, that then you cannot go to contacts details and choose a specific number be it a landline or mobile etc.

    If we could find a command like "SEARCHLIST" (which I understand searches through a list of songs in the audio_player skin - but this songs list is not a custom list) then we could locate a name in the list of displayed contacts and then either dial it immediately or use the "RRDroid_GetContactInfo" command to display the various telephone numbers of that particular name and choose which one to call.

    Here is my BMW36 test skin (I have it integrated in my full BMW36 skin - please note it is by no means complete) for everyone to see and try as it works independently.
    I got it to somewhat work with ur skin. I can make calls and see my contacts but when I get a call It doesnt pop up on the skin showing incoming call.

  3. #73
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    22
    @diggla

    do you get a popup screen when you make a call?

  4. #74
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennos View Post
    @diggla

    do you get a popup screen when you make a call?
    no, no pop up screen

  5. #75
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by diggla View Post
    no, no pop up screen
    This is strange. I get a popup screen in the car using XP and bluetooth and in my office PC using wifi and Win7. Wifi does not seem to work with XP in my case.

    Did you change something in the ExecTBL.ini? I found that the popup works only when the "*" is removed from the commands in this file.

  6. #76
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    276
    no havent removed n e thing. ill try and remove that string

  7. #77
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by diggla View Post
    no havent removed n e thing. ill try and remove that string
    the "*" means the events can go to other plugins, i have them and i still get the popups. im guessing that if RR sees "*" on every command, sends the command first to the plugins, then back to itself, but if a pi kills the command RR is not getting it and not processing the command. like i said just guessing.

  8. #78
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    22
    In my case I am only using the RRDroid pi, so perhaps that's why I need to take off the "*" from the entries in ExecTbl.ini, but again is only a guess

  9. #79
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,585
    the '*' in front of the entries should not make any difference.

    a PI cannot kill those commands. (Unless you are running a very old version of RR)

  10. #80
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    22
    Just another thing I noticed.

    Under XP and bluetooth phone connects as soon as PC resumes from hibernate however it does not seem to do so when PC resumes from standby and remains disconnected. It will reconnect if RR is closed and started again.

    Under Win7 and wifi, phone connects shortly after PC resumes from standby or hibernation.

Similar Threads

  1. Android Frontend App for tablets and phones
    By NightJumper in forum Android Tablet
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 01:04 PM
  2. Android phone control
    By lorenzo90 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  3. Real VNC Automotive Remote Control to Android Phone?
    By kelbury in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 10:40 AM
  4. Android Tablet / Phone in car
    By mchipser in forum Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, UMPCs, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM
  5. Phone integration with CDMA phones?
    By stonestatue in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •