Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Petrol Price Plugin for UK

  1. #1
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618

    Petrol Price Plugin for UK

    Just a quick pic of a very rough project that I am now working on.

    At first it will be a plugin but if all works well it might be able to add it to RR's source code using the gas prices as a base.




    SkinCommands

    Buttons

    petrol_postcode - brings up OSK to change postcode
    petrol_refresh - force refresh of data from web if available
    petrol_range - brings up NUMOSK to change range (5,10,15,20)
    petrol_fuel - brings up OSK to change fuel type (leaded,unleaded,diesel,lpg,premium unleaded)

    In the following x is (1-5)

    petrol_x_fdnavigate - Send GPS coords to Freedrive and plot route

    Labels

    petrol_postcode - Postcode
    petrol_searches - Number of searches left this week
    petrol_updated - Last time a successful update occured
    petrol_range - currently selected search range
    petrol_fuel - current fuel to search for


    In the following x is (1-5)

    petrol_x_price - price of selected fuel
    petrol_x_distance - distance from postcode
    petrol_x_updated - last time this stations info was updated
    petrol_x_address - street and town of the station
    petrol_x_address2 - county and postcode of the station
    petrol_x_name - petrol station brand


    Indicators

    In the following x is (1-5)

    petrol_x_icon - Fuel company logo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    cool. Nice work
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  3. #3
    Bowel movement jjh221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    not sure yet.
    Posts
    1,645
    nice

    damn it +1
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com


  4. #4
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,978

    hooray

    another piece of the puzzle ,thats about to have the final peice put in.

    nice 1 enforcer

    hows your plugin getting the info,as i think the US ver. use's the zip.dat file,
    so will your be on the same idea,and will we be able to Map it as in the US ver. to the gps software we us(tall order), i suppose ,if your plugin displays the station postcode its just a matter of entering that into the gps (Easy option),also idon't know where you got your list of stations from, but like most list they are all ways missing something, any chance of adding missing stations either through the plugin or manually into the list file.

    i suppose i better get d6 to work with postcodes (sends me in the wrong place at the moment)
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  5. #5
    Newbie teamcba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    19
    Do you need a tester?
    50% Built
    00% Planning
    100% Botch job :)

  6. #6
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    another piece of the puzzle ,thats about to have the final peice put in.

    nice 1 enforcer

    hows your plugin getting the info,as i think the US ver. use's the zip.dat file,
    so will your be on the same idea,and will we be able to Map it as in the US ver. to the gps software we us(tall order), i suppose ,if your plugin displays the station postcode its just a matter of entering that into the gps (Easy option),also idon't know where you got your list of stations from, but like most list they are all ways missing something, any chance of adding missing stations either through the plugin or manually into the list file.

    i suppose i better get d6 to work with postcodes (sends me in the wrong place at the moment)

    Phoooey, who needs to navigate to a post code when you have lat & lon.

  7. #7
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,978

    that will do

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Phoooey, who needs to navigate to a post code when you have lat & lon.
    was'nt sure how your plugin was going to output info, i was just going from the screen cap, i'll shut up now ,LOL...
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  8. #8
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by teamcba View Post
    Do you need a jester?

    Not at the moment the court is being painted, however when I have it to a certain point I'll let you know.

  9. #9
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    was'nt sure how your plugin was going to output info, i was just going from the screen cap, i'll shut up now ,LOL...

    My main issue at the moment is the other way round, I need to convert GPS to Post Code. Because at the moment you have to enter the post code to find the nearest stations, but it would be nice to do it from current GPS location.




    And will you stop writing in red, it makes it harder to read and consequently I tend to skip your posts.

  10. #10
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,978

    ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    My main issue at the moment is the other way round, I need to convert GPS to Post Code. Because at the moment you have to enter the post code to find the nearest stations, but it would be nice to do it from current GPS location.




    And will you stop writing in red, it makes it harder to read and consequently I tend to skip your posts.
    if you want help in matching gps to postcode send what you want and i'll have ago for you, hows the color.LOL
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •