Really, this is way harder than it should be. Especially for newbies. And I'm not a newbie.
If this is referenced in menu.skin as:
Then the embedded art goes away. I had "ALBUMART" on my menu.skin, and the new variable as an indicator in my Audio_Visuals.skin (whiteroom unreleased skin) and the "ALBUMART" wouldn't display when the X,RRStrings was defined. (Unless you reference the new variable, but sometimes that isn't the same image - compilation albums, or various artists...)
I just can't get this right. I've tried so many different combinations, I can't really remember them all, but...
I tried something like this:
So that it does what I was wanting to do in this thread:
"TIMER","StrRepl;w_tmp; º F;;mynewtemp",WEATHER.skin
with a label for the new variable:
And I get nothing. at all, according to the "instructions" it should replace the
" º F" with "" (basically it will delete the space, degrees symbol, space and the capital 'F' so that all is returned is a normal number that shows the temp, which i want to later have evaluated and made into a slider.)
I have the X,RRStrings extension defined, and even deleted the mp3art definition to make sure it was the only thing being referenced. I'm using the most recent RR beta from the sticky.
Currently the two scripts that Sal R. and MGD helped me with work, perfectly. If it's not easier to use than adding AI scripts, then it won't be used.
So please help clear this up for me and anyone else having this issue.
Yeah, I'm not using the beta...still on 11/4/2207 version.
I will look at this next, meaning that right this minute I'm working on finishing the Config update I promised days ago. After, I will take a look and see if I can get what your trying to do to work, and find any possible glitches...
By the end of today I'll look and get back..
Dang, you've got a version that's 200 years ahead of it's time... :hippie:
Originally Posted by Sal R.
Originally Posted by Blue ZX3
Thanks, maybe it has something to do with the new beta then? So, I'm not completely crazy then.
This the correct code, plugin works fine using the new beta. You just had an extra space at the beginning of the "º F" and becase of that it could not find the text to replace
I guess I was confused because I thought it had the space at the beginning. I'll try it again later.
So, are we supposed to define it in the menu.skin with the X code? or is it supposed to work without having to define it like that? Because when I do, I lose the embedded art capability. (again, I can always use the path from path to get the folder.jpg, but the art is not always the same.)
Yes, for extension plugin's you always have to define it in the menu.skin. That is how RR knows to load that plugin when starting up.
Originally Posted by monkeyracer
Try rearranging the order in which the plugins are listed in the menu.skin. I do not use th Mp3Art plug in as my art is in my folders, so I can't give any other help. The other thing is that the with the art plugin the path would always be the same b/c the art is coming directly from the individual files.
The main thing I want to keep the Mp3Art plugin for is I have music from the Sprint Music Store, and I have a few hundred songs downloaded through them (employee perks...) that are just the singles, and not the full album, in a folder called "singles". I'd rather not create a folder for each individual song just so the art works. And even still, If I have a compilation CD (atticus for example) I'd rather have the art for the original album than the compilation CD art.
Originally Posted by Blue ZX3
I'll be at that computer in a little while, so I will try the above changes and see what works.
Since you have functions StrLeft & StrRight,
StrLength = Returns number length of evaluated string