Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 485
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OBDMPG - MPG OBDII Plugin for RR 6-12-09

  1. #201
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    You will lose connection as the plugin will stop and then start on a new skin.

    It's the way the plugins work.

  2. #202
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Tested the new release on my 96 GM with Chinese ELM327. Better startup and calculations, but I'm losing the connection when I switch skins. Could you test this using two skins and switch back and forth to duplicate.
    Do you mean switch an entire skin or just switch between screens within a skin? I've never checked switching between two entirely different skins but I've experienced no problems switching between screens in a given skin using both Carwings and LSX Void.

  3. #203
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by mezz64 View Post
    Do you mean switch an entire skin or just switch between screens within a skin? I've never checked switching between two entirely different skins but I've experienced no problems switching between screens in a given skin using both Carwings and LSX Void.
    Switching between two entirely different skins.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  4. #204
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Enforcer's right but thats all the more reason for this plugin to have a reset, wait for ECU timeout, connect sequence at every startup - for those of us that use more than one skin.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  5. #205
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Enforcer's right but thats all the more reason for this plugin to have a reset, wait for ECU timeout, connect sequence at every startup - for those of us that use more than one skin.
    It does. It performs one on start and resume using AT commands to clear the ELM for communications. Or, more specifically, it sends "ATZ" to reset the ELM, followed by "ATE0" to remove echoes, followed by "ATL0" to remove linefeeds, and finally "ATH0" to remove headers. This is done at the beginning of every connection. If any of these commands does not return the correct information the connect sequence is restarted after a wait timer is elapsed.

    These are all functions of the ELM connection class I'm using which I did not write. I've made some modifications for this plugin but have not changed any of the core communications procedures.

  6. #206
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    I today tested version 1.3.1. MAF still showing as 0. Also restarting the plugin (in other words restarting RR) won´t reset the ELM hardware and as a result I won´t get any data from the device on the second start. To be able to get any data from the device I need to take out and plug it back in.

    Here I enclosed my ini file:
    Code:
    [COMMUNICATION]
    COM=4
    
    [VEHICLE]
    MAF=TRUE
    LITERS=2
    VE=80
    TANK=62
    
    [AVERAGE]
    NUM=5
    AVG=0
    DST=0
    FUEL=0
    
    [OPTIONS]
    ExtraOBD=FALSE
    METRIC=TRUE
    UNITS=TRUE
    METRICFE=L100KM
    AVGTIME=1

  7. #207
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_rosenback View Post
    I today tested version 1.3.1. MAF still showing as 0. Also restarting the plugin (in other words restarting RR) won´t reset the ELM hardware and as a result I won´t get any data from the device on the second start. To be able to get any data from the device I need to take out and plug it back in.
    If you get MAF as 0 with MAF=True then you do not have a MAF sensor in your vehicle. Set MAF=False so a synthetic MAF can be calculated.

    I still am not sure what to do with the reset problems as I am not experiencing them myself. I'll look into it.

  8. #208
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    I am 100% sure that I have got a MAF sensor in my car. If I remember correctly I got MAF values out of the plugin in versions earlier than 1.2 or was it 1.1.

  9. #209
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,161
    Blog Entries
    51
    tested the new version and it does the same as previous. connected indicator doesnt turn on.. all labels are zeroed out. Then at resume i got thes ame crash messages. They go away quick but i think i read

    1st. run-time error 8081 cannot connect to device
    2nd. run-time error 361 could not load or unload object

    again, 1.1 doesnt do this.. it runs as intended and resumes fine.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  10. #210
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_rosenback View Post
    I am 100% sure that I have got a MAF sensor in my car. If I remember correctly I got MAF values out of the plugin in versions earlier than 1.2 or was it 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    tested the new version and it does the same as previous. connected indicator doesnt turn on.. all labels are zeroed out. Then at resume i got thes ame crash messages. They go away quick but i think i read

    1st. run-time error 8081 cannot connect to device
    2nd. run-time error 361 could not load or unload object

    again, 1.1 doesnt do this.. it runs as intended and resumes fine.
    Both of these problems are very hard to troubleshoot since I cannot replicate them on either my test machine or actual carputer.

    Nothing has changed in regards to fetching the MAF value from previous versions. It just gets stored into an array now. If you receive MAP, RPM, and VSS values fine then the interpolation is working correctly. This is no reason why the MAF would not work and the others would.

    As to the resume issues I cannot replicate them no matter how hard I try. I have added a new class but only in release 1.3+ and you've had these same issues with 1.2 as well. Other than that nothing has been touched in the resume routines.

    Is there anybody else out there using the latest version with no issues?

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a OBDII BMV2 RR plugin?
    By Dave One in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. OBDII / Elm MPG meter. Almost working but not quite!
    By stevieg in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:24 AM
  3. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
  4. IRMAN plugin
    By knyarko in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
  5. OBDII plugin (KL/KKL) ?
    By SyNTaXer in forum CF Plugins
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •