Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 485
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OBDMPG - MPG OBDII Plugin for RR 6-12-09

  1. #311
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Hi guys!

    I'm having a hard time making this plugin work.

    I've bought this OBD http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    and it works with every software i've tried. (EasyOBDII, ScanXL_ELM etc)

    I'm trying with the debug obdmpg.exe file but the result is always "ELM not responding"


    Any help?

  2. #312
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    626
    I'm getting an error with the plugin appear. I don't remember the exact message, but it is something along the lines of "Error '5'. Invalid Procedure call or argument". This seems to appear sporadicly but always only about 5 minutes after the pc is started. I thought it might be the cable, but I checked that and all is very snug, I've left the obd2007 software running and it lasted for more than 5 minutes (had it running the full trip to the hospital which is about 40 minutes).

    I'll try to get the exact message, but I just got back and am tired. I'll post it next time I drive.

  3. #313
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by agiorgitis View Post
    Hi guys!

    I'm having a hard time making this plugin work.

    I've bought this OBD http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    and it works with every software i've tried. (EasyOBDII, ScanXL_ELM etc)

    I'm trying with the debug obdmpg.exe file but the result is always "ELM not responding"


    Any help?
    have you verified your comport setting in the ini file? I was getting the same message until I verified it was conflicting with Xport. moved the Xport ports around and all worked like a charm.

  4. #314
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by agiorgitis View Post
    Hi guys!

    I'm having a hard time making this plugin work.

    I've bought this OBD http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    and it works with every software i've tried. (EasyOBDII, ScanXL_ELM etc)

    I'm trying with the debug obdmpg.exe file but the result is always "ELM not responding"


    Any help?
    Could be a baud rate issue. Try using the latest release with RR, the baud rate is adjustable via the ini file. The debug exe's have not been updated in some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by nst6563 View Post
    I'm getting an error with the plugin appear. I don't remember the exact message, but it is something along the lines of "Error '5'. Invalid Procedure call or argument". This seems to appear sporadicly but always only about 5 minutes after the pc is started. I thought it might be the cable, but I checked that and all is very snug, I've left the obd2007 software running and it lasted for more than 5 minutes (had it running the full trip to the hospital which is about 40 minutes).

    I'll try to get the exact message, but I just got back and am tired. I'll post it next time I drive.
    I'll keep this in mind while testing the newest release and give the code a thorough check through to make sure nothing strange is going on.

    Keep the feedback coming guys!

  5. #315
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Yew, I've played both with Comports and baud rates. I use com3 and 9600 to communicate with EasyOBDII so I believe they are correct.

    As for RR, I use the 30/9/07 version but I don't think this is a problem, because it can't even communicate on it's own (with the debug program), how should I expect to communicate from inside RR?

  6. #316
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by mezz64 View Post
    I'll keep this in mind while testing the newest release and give the code a thorough check through to make sure nothing strange is going on.

    Keep the feedback coming guys!
    Let me know what information you want from my system and I'll collect it for you next time I'm in the car. For starters, the following is the basic setup I know off the top of my head.

    Zotac 610i motherboard with Celeron 440
    2GB ddr2
    Asus Xonar dx PCI-E sound card
    32GB SSD OS drive w/ewf enabled
    80GB data drive
    OBDIIPro USB. Com 4 9600baud (says it supports 2Mbps...but have never gotten it to work at higher than 9600)

    Windows XP SP3
    Newest RR version using Carwings skin
    Bluetooth GPS on Com3, Xport setup for 6,7,8
    GarminGPS com 6
    RR using com 8
    Foobar2000
    BlueSoliel bluetooth stack

  7. #317
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    mezz64, does your plugin require a "special" chip?

    Mine has either the ELM 324 or the 327. Do you support both of them?

  8. #318
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by agiorgitis View Post
    mezz64, does your plugin require a "special" chip?

    Mine has either the ELM 324 or the 327. Do you support both of them?
    Technically the communication class I use is for an ELM 323. However, the communication process on the client end is the same for all ELM chips and it should work fine for any of them.

    I use a Chinese knock-off ELM 327 myself without any issues.

  9. #319
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Does your obd connect with the debug program even if the obd isn't connected with the car?

  10. #320
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by agiorgitis View Post
    Does your obd connect with the debug program even if the obd isn't connected with the car?
    I honestly don't know. All my testing is done with the ELM connected to a vehicle while the vehicle is running.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a OBDII BMV2 RR plugin?
    By Dave One in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
  2. OBDII / Elm MPG meter. Almost working but not quite!
    By stevieg in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 04:24 AM
  3. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
  4. IRMAN plugin
    By knyarko in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
  5. OBDII plugin (KL/KKL) ?
    By SyNTaXer in forum CF Plugins
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •