Hey Mezz... just came across this on the weekend as I drove to my parents to steal their garage.
The trip was well over 200KMs, but I was only showing about 56KMs travelled for the trip and overall. I don't recall this doing it in the past, and I don't think I changed anything on the machine/configs or what. But I know it's been off since Friday.
I'll check it again tomorrow with a fresh image that I'm working on and see if maybe it was something on the computer that I messed up. I'll also grab the config/log files to be reviewed.
Thought I would post my debug log for you. I have times when everything is working well, but then the MAF reading will freeze, while the rest of the system is working, so I will get a reading of 100 mpg for 5 minutes. Sometimes it is the MAF that freezes, and other times it is the RPM etc etc. At these times, I may also get negative MPG.
I assume you have ExtraOBD=True and are requesting as many PIDs as possible? Any other oddities with the latest test build I should look into?
Queue size was an easy fix. I've attached a new version (just rename to .dll) that should fix that issue.
Was 1.5.1 and I changed up to 1.5.2 and still showing the distance off. I'm using straight OBD readings - gps=false. Thinking - the latest thing I added was RRMedia, but can't see how that would cause a problem. Sorry I haven't gotten around to grabbing the debug/log file from the car to post.
I do have extraobd=true, should I use the dll you just upped?
Still have the freezing problem. I have posted the Debug Log, but it doesn't seem to show any problems. I have noticed it is the MAF that freezes, not the RPM any more. I had the MAF freeze at 19, and then the VSS was reading both positive and negative speeds. Speeds were in the range of negative 175 and positive 365.
You mentioned you have gps=false in your ini, yet the debug log is enabling the gps timer thinking it's set to true. I'll have to look and see what's going on there but that would explain the messed up distance calculations.
Another thing you can try to see if it fixes freezing is turning off the extraobd option. There might be too many requests being sent at once to the ECU causing problems. Otherwise it might have something to do with the interpolation of those values, but you still shouldn't see negative numbers.
Actually I believe that it is sargeants that has the gps set at false. I have had the gps set at true, that is why my debug says true. I do have extraobd set at true, I wil set that to false and see what happens. My skin is currently only showing 8 OBD settings. I dont know if that effects how many are being requested.
drewbp, Unfortunately with the way things are currently setup it will take the plugin a cycle to figure out which PIDs are available. It sends a request for all of them at once and then only repeats the request for the ones that return a value.
I'm interested to see if turning off the extraobd fixes the freezing problem as that's one quirk that I've never encountered in my own testing.