Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: IBUSServiceRR - IBUS Interpreter like IBUSCOMM

  1. #41
    Newbie Wanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by upspace View Post
    i dont have RepeatInterval parameter in my ini file. Does this mean, that if not existing it uses 50ms as default and if exists the value defined?

    at least thats what the docu says.
    No, if not existing it will be set to 0ms!
    I've just look in the code

  2. #42
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
    No, if not existing it will be set to 0ms!
    I've just look in the code
    Did you add this paramter recently to the ini file, because RepeatInterval=2000 (for 2 secs to test) has no effect

    Sorry: First read, then ask. You mention to add to message template, I only did globally

  3. #43
    Newbie Wanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by upspace View Post
    Did you add this paramter recently to the ini file, because RepeatInterval=2000 (for 2 secs to test) has no effect

    Sorry: First read, then ask. You mention to add to message template, I only did globally
    Code:
    [ID:STW_PLUS_PRES]
    MsgTemplate="50046832111F"
    Label="S. Wheel + Press"
    RepeatInterval=50
    Parse=True
    ;KeyboardMap="{ESC}"
    RRCommand="VOL+"
    
    [ID:STW_MINUS_PRES]
    MsgTemplate="50046832101E"
    Label="S. Wheel - Press"
    RepeatInterval=50
    Parse=True
    ;KeyboardMap="{ENTER}"
    RRCommand="VOL-"
    Do like shown and it will .

  4. #44
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    264
    Everything works and this is a great plugin. BUT still have to go back to old IBussRR which allows you to define different RR commands on steering buttons for different screens.

    i.e. Volume +/- is used to control volume on most screens, but to scrool while in Audio Library Browsing mode.

    Is this possible with your plug too?

  5. #45
    Newbie Wanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by upspace View Post
    Everything works and this is a great plugin. BUT still have to go back to old IBussRR which allows you to define different RR commands on steering buttons for different screens.

    i.e. Volume +/- is used to control volume on most screens, but to scrool while in Audio Library Browsing mode.

    Is this possible with your plug too?
    Thanx.
    At this moment - no.

    I think it's just couple strings of code.
    Maybe i'll do it later.

  6. #46
    Maximum Bitrate bes51659's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vasastaden, Stockholms Län, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    851
    Its been a while so first I want to know status of this project.

    Then I have a question about possible improvement.

    I have several applications that needs access to ibus. Can this sw be split in one application and one ibus server/service that lets multiple clients send and read messages on a single ibus/comport?

  7. #47
    Newbie Wanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by bes51659 View Post
    Its been a while so first I want to know status of this project.

    Then I have a question about possible improvement.

    I have several applications that needs access to ibus. Can this sw be split in one application and one ibus server/service that lets multiple clients send and read messages on a single ibus/comport?
    Thanks for interest in my project, but i must decline.
    Because i've sell my E46 and for now i can't even try anything with IBUS.
    Sorry. I only can share my sourcecode in Delphi.

  8. #48
    Maximum Bitrate bes51659's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vasastaden, Stockholms Län, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    851
    :-(
    What car can possibly be better?
    Unfortunately I do not have Delpi environment...
    From your expertice, do you think it would be possible at all to make a design as I suggested?

  9. #49
    Newbie Wanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by bes51659 View Post
    :-(
    What car can possibly be better?
    Unfortunately I do not have Delpi environment...
    From your expertice, do you think it would be possible at all to make a design as I suggested?
    Maybe a E92 Coupe ?
    If you mean that you need one Service that would cooperate with two programs (frontend etc) and send to them commands depending on buttons/screent etc - so i think this is possible but need to make a better algorithm in my software.
    Maybe you can try to describe your situatuion more detailed?

  10. #50
    Maximum Bitrate bes51659's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vasastaden, Stockholms Län, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    851
    Thanks for your reply! I guess an E92 would sit nicely. But I have owned my car for over 8 years now and will definitely have problems parting from it. I am a sentimental git I guess.

    I want one piece of software that sends a single messages onto IBus when boot is complete and then exit.

    I also want a small application that sends messages onto ibus to control my own ibus device that controls brightness of LCD panel backlight.

    I might also want a small application that sends a single message when entering hibernation after a being in standbye for a max set time.

    And then offcause the normal front end stuff. Receiving and dispatching button events from stearing wheel and bordmonitor.

    So I what I would want is a server application that can be accessed thru OLE (DCOM or whatever ms calls it now) from a number of clients. (I think)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
  2. IBusCom / IBuscomM / IBusRR -- HELP!!!
    By Marc-X in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
  3. Freeice, girder and Ibus woes
    By kelmk in forum FreeICE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:05 PM
  4. Ibuscomm and Girder
    By ringltangbob in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •