Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 377

Thread: GPS Gasoline RR Plugin: Now w/ iGuidance Support

  1. #111
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    aighty - well, I tried it again, closed firefox and everything else for that matter, than ran RR.

    I get the following screen:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  2. #112
    Raw Wave lostreception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Red GTi VR6
    aighty - well, I tried it again, closed firefox and everything else for that matter, than ran RR.

    I get the following screen:

    try renaming the file som ppl said that when the file was named GPSgasoline0.6.5.exe it didnt work but it did when renamed to gpsgasoline.exe

    you will also have to change the name of the file in the execTBL.ini to whatever you change the filename to
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

    LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

    GPSGasoline- Rewriting

    Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

    iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

    CarPCNetwork

  3. #113
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by lostreception
    try renaming the file som ppl said that when the file was named GPSgasoline0.6.5.exe it didnt work but it did when renamed to gpsgasoline.exe

    you will also have to change the name of the file in the execTBL.ini to whatever you change the filename to
    I really love my method of embedding it. I never once had a problem, other than the same window name issue. and I don't even fool with the execTBL.ini stuff... lol may not be right, but it works

  4. #114
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200

    Thoughts and Observations

    I used this app on a trip from central missouri to central mississippi and back this past weekend. It works great and is very helpful.

    I did notice when traveling through some smaller towns that the stations were not shown, even major brands. I checked on Automotive.com and they are not there. Along I55 it was always complete and accurate.

    Thoughts:
    When travelling I'm usually in one of three modes:
    1. I'm travelling a long distance and I mostly just want to get there. I'm looking for the best prices but I am not going to go far off the freeway or turn around to find them. I'm going to stop periodically for things other than gas (food, rest stop). I'm likley to be planning stops up to 100 miles ahead. I'd like to be able to see stations ahead on my route and up to 100 miles ahead.

    2. I'm sightseeing. I dont know the town, but I dont mind travelling around a bit for the best price. Any direction is fine but I need directions.

    3. Driving around my home town. I know where the stations are but I want the best price. (App works fine for this as is).

    I noticed from time to time the response from the web page was slow. Also as I mentioned not all local stations are covered. The solution...build a web site just for this purpose. I would not need to be fancy, just a database (table) of station data. No graphical interface, it would be accessed from this program. Site would troll other web pages periodically to get data and serve it to this app. It could be faster and hold all necessary data.
    I know some of this would be hard to implement, I'm not sure how practical it would be, just some thoughts.

    I'm looking forward to your next release...Paul

  5. #115
    Raw Wave lostreception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by pshadwick
    I used this app on a trip from central missouri to central mississippi and back this past weekend. It works great and is very helpful.

    I did notice when traveling through some smaller towns that the stations were not shown, even major brands. I checked on Automotive.com and they are not there. Along I55 it was always complete and accurate.

    Thoughts:
    When travelling I'm usually in one of three modes:
    1. I'm travelling a long distance and I mostly just want to get there. I'm looking for the best prices but I am not going to go far off the freeway or turn around to find them. I'm going to stop periodically for things other than gas (food, rest stop). I'm likley to be planning stops up to 100 miles ahead. I'd like to be able to see stations ahead on my route and up to 100 miles ahead.

    2. I'm sightseeing. I dont know the town, but I dont mind travelling around a bit for the best price. Any direction is fine but I need directions.

    3. Driving around my home town. I know where the stations are but I want the best price. (App works fine for this as is).

    I noticed from time to time the response from the web page was slow. Also as I mentioned not all local stations are covered. The solution...build a web site just for this purpose. I would not need to be fancy, just a database (table) of station data. No graphical interface, it would be accessed from this program. Site would troll other web pages periodically to get data and serve it to this app. It could be faster and hold all necessary data.
    I know some of this would be hard to implement, I'm not sure how practical it would be, just some thoughts.

    I'm looking forward to your next release...Paul
    the trolling isnt such a bad idea but my only web language that i know (that is very rusty) is perl i have a solution for the above mentioned tho and it might not be bad idea its a damn good idea. with an unattended database online he only problem is he north and e direction roads those will need to be maunaully updated by users kind of a wiki i supose i dont know how to implement that tho.
    Ive been fabricating and getting installed and one i ave this puppy runnin iin the car enviornment im sure there will be some changes made

    -Lost
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

    LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

    GPSGasoline- Rewriting

    Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

    iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

    CarPCNetwork

  6. #116
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan98R/T
    Got this program working on my CF-27 touchscreen laptop (300mhz). Works on the desk so far using Xport3 to split ports.

    Note for TinyXP rev04 users: You need to install MSCOMM32.OCX (search google for download). (http://www.yes-tele.com/mscomm.ZIP)

    Download, stick it in windows/system32, and register by Run: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mscomm32.ocx

    I don't think this is just for TinyXp users as I ran into an error (see attached) on my computer.

    However, it could be that with the other software that I am running here at work, it's messing with it in the registry?

    On a side note, I registered mscomm32.ocx, and got rid of the error window, but I'm still getting firefox opening inside of RR where the GPS Gas program should open.

    I've renamed the .exe it GpsGas.exe and put it in the RoadRunner folder.

    Here's is my ExecTBL.ini file:

    Code:
    /, This (OPTIONAL) file contains translation commands.
    /, RR will accept the commands defined on the LEFT
    /, and execute them as expressed on the RIGHT
    /, you can use this to create or redefine any command
    /, (or to add functionality to any syandard command).
    /,
    /, The Format of this file is (by choice): 
    /,
    /, "<COMMAND>","<EXEC COMMAND>"
    /, "<COMMAND>","<EXEC COMMAND>",filename.skin
    /, 
    /, Examples:
    /, "AUDIO","LOAD;audio_player.skin;Audio Player"
    /, "RESTARTSONG","SEEKTO;00:00",audio_player.skin
    /,
    /, Extas:
    /, XM, FM and MM can be used instead of a skin file
    /, to be translated when XM, FM or MM is turned ON.
    /,
    /, PLAY, PAUSE and STOP can be used instead of skin
    /, file name so it executes commands based on MP3 or
    /, Video playback status.
    
    "QUIT","SendMsg;RRCDRip;showplugin||bye"
    "BYE","QUIT"
    
    /, Set Bellow the Path to the CDRip plugin (if used)
    "CDRIP","PLUGIN;RRCDRip;C:\VBStuff\Road Runner\CDRip\CDRip.exe"
    
    /, You can add commands to execute before suspend
    /, and after resume, using the codes bellow:
    
    "ONSUSPEND",""
    "ONRESUME",""
    "ONLINE",""
    "OFFLINE",""
    "ONFILECLICK",""
    "ONDIRCLICK",""
    "ONPLCLICK",""
    "ONDLCLICK",""
    "ONPBCLICK",""
    "ONPLSELCLICK",""
    "ONDLSELCLICK",""
    "ONSONGSTART",""
    "ONSKINSTART",""
    
    /, For MediaCar Compatibility only:
    "AUDIONEXT","RRNEXT"
    "AUDIOPREV","RRPREV"
    
    /, OSK Gestures (Changes not recommended)
    "GEST-A","A",osk.skin
    "GEST-B","B",osk.skin
    "GEST-C","C",osk.skin
    "GEST-D","D",osk.skin
    "GEST-E","E",osk.skin
    "GEST-F","F",osk.skin
    "GEST-G","G",osk.skin
    "GEST-H","H",osk.skin
    "GEST-I","I",osk.skin
    "GEST-J","J",osk.skin
    "GEST-K","K",osk.skin
    "GEST-L","L",osk.skin
    "GEST-M","M",osk.skin
    "GEST-N","N",osk.skin
    "GEST-O","O",osk.skin
    "GESTURE-P","P",osk.skin
    "GEST-Q","Q",osk.skin
    "GEST-R","R",osk.skin
    "GEST-S","S",osk.skin
    "GEST-T","T",osk.skin
    "GEST-U","U",osk.skin
    "GEST-V","V",osk.skin
    "GEST-W","W",osk.skin
    "GEST-X","X",osk.skin
    "GEST-Y","Y",osk.skin
    "GEST-Z","Z",osk.skin
    
    /, Global Gestures
    "GEST-M","AUDIO"
    "GEST-X","EXIT"
    "GEST-H","MAIN"
    "GEST-L","LOAD;AUDIO_BROWSER.SKIN"
    
    /, Car2PC Interface Support
    "HUSTART","RESUME"
    "HUSTOP","PAUSE"
    "NT ","RRNEXT"
    "PT ","RRPREV"
    "PA ","PLAY"
    "FF 1","STARTFFWD"
    "FF 0","STOPFFWD"
    "FR 1","STARTFRWD"
    "FR 0","STOPFRWD"
    "DS 001","AUDIO"
    "DS 002","VIDEO"
    "DS 003","RADIO"
    "DS 004","XM"
    "DS 005","GPS"
    "DS 006","DVD"
    "MX 1","SHUFFLE"
    "MX 0","SHUFFLE"
    "RP 1","REPEAT"
    "RP 0","REPEAT"
    
    /, Changing XM button to call GPSGas instead
    "XM","GPSGAS"
    
    /, GPSGas
    "GPSGAS","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;GPSGas;C:\Documents and Settings\jsanders\Desktop\RoadRunner\GpsGas.exe;GPS Gasoline”
    any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  7. #117
    Raw Wave lostreception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,806
    tinyxp can sometimes cause more problems but it could just be the compuer have you gotten the program to work on any of your machines red?
    and what are the specs for your machinces win 2k xp sp2 etc
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

    LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

    GPSGasoline- Rewriting

    Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

    iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

    CarPCNetwork

  8. #118
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    nope - I haven't really had the time to mess with it other than this machine here at work.

    we're running full installs of XP up here.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  9. #119
    Raw Wave lostreception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by lostreception
    the trolling isnt such a bad idea but my only web language that i know (that is very rusty) is perl i have a solution for the above mentioned tho and it might not be bad idea its a damn good idea. with an unattended database online he only problem is he north and e direction roads those will need to be maunaully updated by users kind of a wiki i supose i dont know how to implement that tho.
    Ive been fabricating and getting installed and one i ave this puppy runnin iin the car enviornment im sure there will be some changes made

    -Lost


    On second thought if one main database (computer with an ip address) was gathering all the information wouldnt the site owners eventually block it or am i overthinking things
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

    LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

    GPSGasoline- Rewriting

    Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

    iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

    CarPCNetwork

  10. #120
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by lostreception
    On second thought if one main database (computer with an ip address) was gathering all the information wouldnt the site owners eventually block it or am i overthinking things
    They might, if they cared. I'm not sure. Perhaps it would be possible to find out where they get the data and get it directly.

Similar Threads

  1. PPC Car GPS and MP3 mini How To
    By hotrod_nut in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
  2. RR lower volume for GPS Directions
    By UM_Fan in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 11:46 PM
  3. RR doesn't start Phoco on initial load..
    By DutchBurner in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
  4. RR forgets GPS port!!!
    By eduardovdr in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 06:11 PM
  5. RR 04-08-05 .. BETA Base Plugin ...
    By guino in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •