Got myself two of the siLABS USB Radio Tuners about two weeks ago and was very impressed by the quality of the tuners. Decided to make an extension plugin for Road Runner because I was missing my NEWS and TRAFFIC functionality with this tuner. I'm listening to MP3's most of the time but I like to be interrupted by NEWS broadcasts and TRAFFIC announcements.
I made the plugin as modular as possible. This means I can easily make the plugin work with other tuner hardware as well. Or I can switch out the plugin module by an application (I use this for testing)
The following picture shows the architecture of the plugin:
Functions and Features
You can download the plugin from http://gpsirda.dyndns.org/iceRadio/i...o_ver1.0.6.zip. Included in the zip file is an example skin and documentation for editing existing skins.
- Station presets
- For FM currently 30 station presets can be stored. These stations are divided in block of ten stations (1-10) that can be switched to using the radio_band command.
- Manual – When the signal strength is getting poor you can use the the AF indicator the manually switch to a alternate frequency of the selected station using the AF list.
- Automatic (not available yet) – When the signal is getting below a predefined signal level this function will automatically try to switch to a stronger alternate frequency.
- In the event of a news broadcast where the station switches the PTY to NEWS and when enabled in the plugin, Road Runner will pause playing any media and the volume will be set to a predefined value and the tuner will be unmute for the duration of the news broadcast. After that RR will resume playing media.
- In the event of a traffic announcement (TA) and when enabled in the plugin, Road Runner will pause playing any media and the volume will be set to a predefined value and the tuner will be unmute for the duration of the traffic announcement. After that RR will resume playing media.
- Not fully implemented in this version.
- Not implemented in this version.
- All functions and information available using commands, labels and indicators from Road Runner
- Multiple tunerhardware support (as of now only siLABS. HQCT will follow soon)
- Initial version
- Fixed settings for NEW and TRAFFIC not getting saved
- Ini file now using $RRPATH setting of Road Runner
- Improved RDS Decoding for STATION NAME (PS)
- TRAFFIC and NEWS detection improved
- Fixed Object Required Error
Any comments, request are more than welcome....