i am new to RR so i apologize if this is way off. i have three questions:
1) in the version you posted in page 8 of the old thread, named fsrv1_coverflow or something, the album generator does not require an input of the sub-folder level. however in the newer version posted in the main page of this thread, it does require that. seems like the older way was easier, or was there something wrong with that?
2) in the older fsrv1_coverflow version, there were several lines to add into exectbl.ini, but in the newest one from this thread, there are only two. are the older ones not needed? also i noticed that the command COVERFLOW calls coverflow_browser.skin, but there is no file named that. i changed to to coverflow.skin and it seems to work fine now. i just wanted to make sure that i wasn't missing anything.
3) on my test pc the plugin seems to be working fine and i can double click and album and it will load up. however on my car pc which has much more music, all the album covers load and display fine, but the box on the left that normally displays the song names is empty. clicking on the 'x' button to leave the screen does nothing, and i am basically stuck on the coverflow screen (the album scrolling still works) with no other functionality. i have to ctrl-alt-delete and kill RR to get out. any ideas what could be causing this?
thanks for such an awesome plugin!
I'll give it a test.
I think most peoples main concern is the amount of CPU power the previous version took, which could cause RR to become unresponsive.
Will post findings tonight.
just tried this out.. i installed per your instructions, try to build the xml with the genre program.. the program files about 75% of my folder.jpgs then errors out with the following message
the list looks correct for the 75% of albums it finds but when i load the coverflow skin it says "There was an error loading that data, sorry". If i try to use the artist builder again the data looks like it works but i get that same error at the very same point of the xml build.
My music format is D:\My Music\GENRE\ARTIST\ALBUM\SONG . There are folder.jpg in every ALBUM folder and SONG folder
I dont have just one mp3 file in the folder its stopping on though.. its a full album's worth of mp3's .. and there arent any weird characters in any of the filenames. I've tried to get the albums outta one genre by defining my music path as D:\My Music\Rap and it does the same thing on a completely different folder whether i use genre.exe or artist.exe
tried using it again on a much smaller folder of files (My R&B genre) and it works.. is there some kind of limit as to how many albums fit? I cant see what else it could be. I'm also a little confused as to how to play the album. If i click the album the album list opens up.. if i click a song in that list it turns green but nothing happens.
That is strange. Try downloading these scripts and run the au3 in script editor and let me know which line it is breaking on. I just put a fix to the one mp3 in the folder error as well.
ID3 tags w/ foreign language on the first and/or second mp3 file of each folder will break the script.. but shouldn't be a script array error like you got. This is because of cddbcontrol tho unable to read tags inside those mp3s.
And another issue I forgot to mention before... due to the nature of the folder scan code I'm using which is recursive, the xml's are not written if you have a collection more than 600 albums. This is a limitation to the # of recursive calls to the same function that autoit can do.