New Ratings Plugin - based on a ratings database
This plugin has now been changed to a whole RR Media(audio right now, video also possibe!) Database plugin.
It will still support all below features.
*Initial building of Db ( all filetypes read!)
*Automatic importing of old rating playlists in to the Db.
*Current db building scan avg is 4-7 songs per sec. (28 min/~9k files)
Currently working on:
*Communitation between RR and plugin=25%
*Browsing the Db=10%
*"Watch folder" feature
I have written most of the code already and am looking for some input. It will be 100% replaceable for anyone aready using sonic's older ratings system. There will also be a small util to import your already existing 1-5 star playlists. I started on this because right now, with the current rating system, you can rate whatever songs as 5 star, but I want to only play my 5 star rated bass songs. Can't do that, unless you want to skip through the 5 star playlist but thats not good. I have mentioned it to sonic as an idea and he said that he was already working on this in his unreleased version. I am sure that he will continue to work on his version, but I like the idea of using a db better than having multiple playlist files.
As of current coding these are the available playlist creation options:
General Star Playlist
- rated songs, by asending rating in DB
- rated songs, by desending rating in DB
Star by Artist Playlist
- like-rated songs by current artist in DB
- rated songs by current artist in DB
- non-rated songs by current artist in DB
Star by Current Album Playlist
- like-rated songs by current album in DB
- rated songs by current album in DB
- non-rated songs by current album in DB
Star by Current Genre Playlist
- like-rated songs in current genre in DB
- rated songs in current genre in DB
- non-rated songs in current genre in DB
Playlists by number times played
- rated songs, order by Number Played descending in db
- non-rated songs, order by Number Played descending in db
- rated songs, order by Number Played ascending in db
- non-rated songs, order by Number Played ascending in db
One difference is that there will be a background app always running that does all the lookup's and creating the playlist. While sonic's system used actuall files to hold the ratings data, mine will only have one playlist, which get created/changed/updated to the option that you would choose above.
There are also the following options avail:
- Adds every new song to the db when song changes
- Delete unfound records that the song path no longer exits (helps to keep db lutter free)
- Clear the database (why? )
It uses the tag( artist,album,genre) labels in RR to be able to give all the added optons listed above.
So with all that in mind, What is your input??