Road Camera HD - Backup camera viewer and Mobile DVR plugin
Road Camera HD is a mobile DVR and black box software for CarPCs and other applicable devices running Win XP.
At this moment you can record video from any video acquisition device.
- Web Cams
- Fire Wire DV cameras
- USB cameras
- TV tuners
- USB DVR Adapters
- All-In-Wonder video cards
RCHD has 4 modes.
1) Video Viewer – Where you can view the camera feed + you can flip the image vertically in case you want to use at as rear camera or backup camera.
2) Still Camera – there is a button to take still pictures of your video. Let’s say you want to take picture of the license plate of the car, or whatever the case may be.
3) Continues Video Recording – you can start video recording to the file at your will. Unique *.avi will be created with the file name of the date time of current time.
4) “Timed Recording” – program can record video either manually or auto started to one single file of given size. Once size is exceeded the file will be overwritten. In this way you can keep the video log all the time and not use hard rive space. If emergency happens you just hit “Save Timed Video” button and the video will be saved to separate permanent file. NOTE: the old buffer file is deleted at every restart. If you in auto start mode then buffer file will be deleted on every application restart. If you are in manually mode then your buffer file will be deletes once you initiate Timed recording by clicking corresponding button on the GUI.
Additional functionality includes custom integration for Road Runner front end. If you are running RR then you can use GPS settings to get location and speed from RR GPS module and then imprint this information directly on the video files so if there is a need for investigation you will know exact location of your car during incident. (To enable GPS support you need to set parameters to “true” in RCHD.ini file)
Unfortunately budget did not allow us to do further development and some features did not make it to the final release:
1. Backup Auto Mirror and Auto Camera
2. Backup Sensors
3. Shock & Collision Sensor Support
4. Multilateral Support
5. Standalone GPS logger
6. Map + Camera Viewer
7. GPRS, EV-DO Remote Viewer
8. License Plate Recognition
Hours Spent: 80
Commercial Cost: $13,600 USD
Component Cost: $200
Money Raised So Far: $10
1. Any capture device or webcam or camcorder
2. Win XP
3. .net Framework 3.5 SP1
[HL]PS:[/HL] If you want app to install in directory where you can easy find the exe and config files, you can use attached MSI file. Also I found Bug in app = you can not change input source... i just forgot to edit variable so it would be easy to fix that but since license on library has expired i can not rebuild app... so only forst installed or active camera will be captured.
New: I have added the GUI config utility, thats if you dont wanna mess with ini file and yet you wanna see how the setings can change your app experiance.
Click On Image and then in new window click on it again to open donation page.
Road Camera HD Version 2 - we are working on version 2, which will have many new features and faster performance. You can find first pre-pre release versions in download section.