Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 120

Thread: GPSExec Plugin

  1. #1
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817

    Arrow GPSExec Plugin

    Worked on a little tool/external plug-in for RR on my time off today..

    This plugin is meant to execute any desired skin command based on the current GPS location (and optionally) heading.

    Upon launching GPSExec, it will look for RoadRunner for 10 seconds, and if not found, it will exit.

    If RoadRunner Closes, GPSExec will close with it.

    If you wish to manually close GPSExec without closing/exiting RoadRunner, you can use the following skin command: "CLOSEWINDOW;GPSExec"

    The source is also attached in case anybody wants to change anything with it. If you do make changes, please share!

    You can find GPS locations for most addresses in the world on this page below (then copy/paste it to the GPSExec.INI file):
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoding.html

    Please DO READ the .INI file...
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Guino.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  2. #2

  3. #3
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Well, if I knew there was already one, I'd not have done it.. now it is just another option... I meant for this to be a tool to load settings/execute commands when going from a city to another such as loading radio presets, maps and so on.. Seems the GPS Events one may be more complete..

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Is it similar to this but runs outside of RR?

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...ming-soon.html



    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  4. #4
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Tiss...looks like someone (won't mention names) forgot to .... whats the word i'm looking for.....

    Oh..ya search....

    Just gives one more option like you said...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate aperali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    170

    Great!

    Thank you Guino,

    Now, someone could develop the fm stationList and everything else based on gps coordinates (maybe using a filter on Radio.ini - sorry if it sounds bull****!)
    If I had a little knowledge in programing...

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate aperali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    Well, if I knew there was already one, I'd not have done it.. now it is just another option... I meant for this to be a tool to load settings/execute commands when going from a city to another such as loading radio presets, maps and so on.. Seems the GPS Events one may be more complete..
    Quick trigger!
    I dont think the other one is ready yet.

  7. #7
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,849

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    Worked on a little tool/external plug-in for RR on my time off today..

    This plugin is meant to execute any desired skin command based on the current GPS location (and optionally) heading.

    Upon launching GPSExec, it will look for RoadRunner for 10 seconds, and if not found, it will exit.

    If RoadRunner Closes, GPSExec will close with it.

    If you wish to manually close GPSExec without closing/exiting RoadRunner, you can use the following skin command: "CLOSEWINDOW;GPSExec"

    The source is also attached in case anybody wants to change anything with it. If you do make changes, please share!

    You can find GPS locations for most addresses in the world on this page below (then copy/paste it to the GPSExec.INI file):
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoding.html

    Please DO READ the .INI file...
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Guino.
    Thanks Guino,

    For your sensational job and this plugin who is a very good idea .

    Thanks for all

  8. #8
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by aperali View Post
    Thank you Guino,

    Now, someone could develop the fm stationList and everything else based on gps coordinates (maybe using a filter on Radio.ini - sorry if it sounds bull****!)
    If I had a little knowledge in programing...
    That was part of the why I wanted to do this.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  9. #9
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    Tiss...looks like someone (won't mention names) forgot to .... whats the word i'm looking for.....

    Oh..ya search....

    Just gives one more option like you said...
    Actually, I thought I had seen something like that before, tried to find it, but no combination of the words: gps location execute command hit the gps "events" thread. In any case, I think this is a small background tool to configure once and leave it for awhile, while GPS events seems more user friendly and more hands-on.. no harm done..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #10
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    Tiss...looks like someone (won't mention names) forgot to .... whats the word i'm looking for.....

    Oh..ya search....
    ...


    But at least they , what's the word for it, oh yeah, released.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. nGhost 2.0.0 Final is out!
    By tripzero in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
  2. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
  3. IRMAN plugin
    By knyarko in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM
  5. Winamp LCD display plugin / IRMan plugin - together?
    By Jarrod in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 05:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •