sorry to bring this up again but voice is possessed. i reinstalled the .dll (tried test version, errors... so i went to 5-02 version). at first it worked with my ini settings:
F10 is my hotkey. Started rr.. "voice is ready" press f10, said audio.. it worked. SWEET! Then without pressing the hotkey.. seemingly for no reason at all it said "BLANK BLANK disabled" (didnt hear it all) Since then, f10 no longer works, voice speaks randomly even with no music playin and quiet environment, and it commands itsself to reset my playlist every minute or so.
i checked the ini file and my settings are the same. What gives?
2. Run thru the microphone and training wizards in Control Panel -> Speech
3. Extract the files from the first post (use the 5-02 version) and add a UseVoiceControl=True line to the RR.ini
4. There should not me any configurations you will need to do but you can customize commands if needed by editing the commands.xml and recompiling (let me know if you need help with this, may not be obvious)
Let me know if this gets you going
I have a few more questions:
1. Is it possible to use another enginge then the MS SAPI, I think I might have Dragon Dictate around somewhere, I did the first set of exercise with it, the 10 minute one but it feels like it still doesnt understand me (Might be that I'm a swede and it just cant understand my dialect in english or something...)
2. How many commands can I give in a row without havin to say boris between them, I was mostly thinking about the volume setting... I changed the command but it's still:
-(me) For gods sake, VOLUME UP
-(me)Boris (with a tired voice)
-(Boris)speak (happy as ever)
and so on...
Today I noticed one more thing.. I have done all the training lessons available and have noticed one strange thing...
Most of the time whe Boris don't get me he just says "now playing playlist" and jumps to song 21... is there any way to turn this off?
that is the MOST annoying thing! All the other mishaps are ok, but i'd say 75% of the time there's an error interpreting commands it jumps somewhere in the playlist.
1. The only engine currently supported is the MS one as that is all I have access too.
I know how frustrating it is when it won't respond correctly, I use my headset for the mic only and I had the headphone jack plugged into the mic jack so it was using the earpieces for a mic - needless to say there was alot of shouting with words it was not meant to understand!
2. There is a setting in Voice.ini KeywordTimeout= you can increase this to have more listening for command time. The timer is reset on each recognized command so it is probably aggravated by the difficulties with recognition.
Some suggestions to try, in the control panel for speech for your profile there is a setting to 'automatically adapt to the speakers voice', I would not use this setting as it may be adapting your commands with background noise of the vehicle. I know it is not fun to go thru but maybe create another profile without this setting and see if helps. "The papaya tastes perfect"
With helping with this particular scenario instead of using "volume up" multiple times use "volume sixty percent"
Let me know if any of this helps