One thing the mp3Car forum has taught me, *****ing and complaining will only get you noticed,
Doing something, will get you remembered!
Having said that, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: Jump-to-File External Control (v0.99b):
An external application that manipulates the original JTF plugin which comes standard in Winamp.
- View, select, and filter the song list
- View, select, and manage the queue list
- Passenger friendly -- keyboard access to all functions
- Driver friendly -- large buttons, list arrows, and an OSK
- Winamp / Other Winamp-based Front Ends compatible
- Skinnable -- Custom Images in Any Location
(Red = under development)
- Pre Installation:
- Download the latest JTFE Plugin here -- v.097.7 (Build 49)
- Open Winamp
- Focus on the main Winamp window
- Press 'Ctrl+P'
- On the left panel: Under 'General Preferences' click on 'Jump To File'
- Choose the Enqueue Options (the very first tab)
- On the top right: Press 'Defaults'
- On the left panel: Click on Skins (¾-down the list)
- Under 'Installed Skins:' Choose 'Winamp Classic' (Thanks edrex for discovering this bug!)
- On the bottom left: Press close
- Download 'JTF Full Control v0.99b.zip'
Thanks UrbanSoot for the hosting space!
- Unzip the contents to any folder on the hard drive
- Make sure the 'Images' folder is in the same folder where the .exe file is
- Very Important Step:
- Be sure Winamp or RoadRunner is on!
- Run the Program
For Your Consideration:
This program is a beta stage; please tell me of any unexpected errors you come across.
JTFEC was created to manipulate a Winamp plugin, not the other way around.
When unzipping, be careful so that my images don't overwrite your newly created images.
Although a help file for skinners will be created, here are some general notes on the 'skin.ini' file (found in "Images\") for the time being:
All images can now be .JPG, .BMP, and .GIF (let me know if transparent GIFs work).
Buttons  through  are static, to know what each does, read the remark inside the file.
Buttons  through  are custom. You can create any button you wish.
When creating buttons, be sure that their order is consecutive (uninterrupted), i.e. , , , and so on... Don't skip a number.
Moreover, you can create strings instead of keys, for example, if you like a particular artist or song, you may write the entire string into a button. You could create a heart icon and make it type "LOVE " into the plugin.
If the image's size does not equal the width and height you've specified, the image will be resized accordingly, automatically.
For the plugin to work, you must have values under the [General], [SongList], [QueueList], and [SearchText] sections.
Be careful when assigning a button for  "Move After Current": If pressed, it'll put the selected song to be next in the current playlist and will turn shuffle off!
Thus far, this program had been tested on WinXP Pro SP2, Winamp 5.24 Std. & Pro., and JTFP v0.96ff & v0.97.7 (Build 49).
If you have a Win64 machine, let me know if it works on it.
The program should look like this:
It is currently skinned to match the ZDGrey
Bugs Fixed (starting from v0.7a):
- Fixed in v0.71a
- Works correctly right after loading Winamp
- Fixed in v0.72a
- After loading 10+ items in queue, it arranges the list properly
- Fixed in v0.91b
- OSK numbers are now functional
- Search box now autoscrolls with the text
- Fixed in v0.92b
- Error 'comctl32.dll' is taken care of -- Thanks replicant for discovering this bug
- Fixed in v0.93b
- Removed unnecessary variables
- Fixed minor interface bugs
- Enhanced Song List manipulation
- Further tested the plugin
- Fixed in v0.94b
- When embedding in its own skin in RR, the OSK would collapse on itself on initial call. Issue fixed.
- Fixed in v0.95b
- Switched to the current JTFP Build 49 (from Build 20!) -- reason above
- Changed back to the standard, unskinnable base Jump plugin from Winamp -- arguably faster on load
- Removed unnecessary variables
- Fixed in v0.98b
- Improved search time by 70+ percent!
- Better handling of the PgUp / PgDn / Up / Dn OSK commands
- More accurate OSK searches (due to efficiency impovements)
- Takes significantly less CPU resources
- Cancel button works every time
- Fixed in v0.98.5b
- v0.98b would crash after pressing 'Enter' when searching via the keyboard
- Unnecessary functions removed
- Unnecessary variables removed
- Unnecessary delay timers removed
- Priority by button size is set (largest button = highest priority)
- Fixed in v0.99b
- Advanced Skinning Ability Added!
- Better code handling. Removed ~200 lines
- Discarded 50+ Variables. Allegedly less memory usage (knowledgeable testers, please verify)
- QueueList PageDown scrolling fixed
- Unnecessary delay timers removed -- only one 100ms delay left
In case you've missed the download link above
Download Plugin Here!
In case you still need the old version (v0.98.5b):
Have fun with it, and Thanks for your time!