I will try to implement:
1. A button in RR which saves the current position. Additionaly there are shortcuts for the kind of poi (radar, food, petrol st., etc) and the possibility to give it a name and set an alarm.
2. The saved poi's will be shown on some screen in RR. They are sorted by distance to currentposition and the 4 nearest will be visible. If the alarm flag is set, RR will make some noise at defined distance to the target.
Is there such a functionality already (except navi programs)?
Ill be damned it wasnt thinking of almost the exact same thing a few days ago.
I threw it into the idea trash can cuz i couldnt come up with a good reason to justify it or good enough argument to ask someone to make it
Instead of playing a sound i wanted it to show a screen where i previously input data about the POI from the OSK. Sort of like a tour guide in my car, and on the left is WildFire- best steaks! I also had a half baked idea about somehow using the gps data to make a todo list for when you run around town doing a lot of errands, like it would remind you to not forget the milk if you pass up all the stores that sell milk and your close to your dest. Just an idea really, no clue on how it could be done.
ok, just in case somebody wants to play with it, i upload a pre alpha version of the plugin:
- you need to register it (regsvr32 ...)
poisave;latitude;longitude;poi name;poi category
generates a poi and saves it in pois.xml the rr directory
informs the plugin about the current position (or the
position you want the distance to be calculated)
gets the position in rank x (x: 1...n)
- rrpath must be present (maybe somebody knows how to get the rr directory without it)
- its only "tested" with my flash skin
- events are not implemented yet
- source included - please share your changes
What I'd like to see is a page in RR that's a log of each saved POI. It would list the time, and date, and have the ability to label each POI right there, as well as jump to the location in the GPS program. This way you could check the log, find each entry on the map, and manually label them. Then you set it up to log each time your machine shuts down or goes into standby. (I always press a button to black out my screen when I'm making a quick stop--that kind of thing would work too.)
When you want to go back to the place where you were yesterday or last month, you simply go to the log and tap the entry.