Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 118

Thread: Embbeded Mp3 Art Plugin

  1. #71
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    The changes are in the first post:

    -ONARTCLICKED event added.
    -NoCover.JPG support and improvements made by El Camino and Sal R.

    You don't have to re-register the if it's in the same location, but you can, and you can unregister the old one first if you want to.

    I'd say anyone who uses the old version and it does the job, then there's no need to upgrade it... as an old KY saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  2. #72
    Variable Bitrate rijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    375
    i hoped it solved the update of the albumart in the differnt pages, but it doesn't , i'll keep the reloading of the skin between those pages for now.

  3. #73
    FLAC Sal R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by rijk View Post
    i hoped it solved the update of the albumart in the differnt pages, but it doesn't , i'll keep the reloading of the skin between those pages for now.
    If you use "MENU" instead of "LOAD" for the skins that have the albumart code, I believe it "redraws" the skin and might update your album art image.

    I have a deriviative of the MP3Art plugin that displays art based on the highlighted track of a playlist (again, courtesy of EL CAMINO) and the only way for the art to update when switching screens is if the skin file was called via "MENU" vs. "LOAD."
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

  4. #74
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Updated the files on first post with fix made by Sal R.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #75
    Low Bitrate uptpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    Updated the files on first post with fix made by Sal R.
    Guino, marvelous job as usual. Glad to see that all my embedded album art can be put to use finally.

    Small problem...
    I've successfully gotten it to work in the MENU.skin and AUDIO_BROWSER.skin, but not EXTERNAL_GPS.skin.

    If I switch to the audio browser then back to external_GPS, my indicator box shows the album art for a fraction of a second before it fades away. I added the X,mp3art reference to each .skin. Is there some reason why it will not display in EXTERNAL_GPS.skin for more than a 1/2 second?

    Also, if I subsequently go from EXTERNAL_GPS.skin to MENU.skin, the album art also fades away and disappears, although it doesn't display the art... I just see part of the screen draw fading away.

    Update 1:
    It appears that on MP3's with multiple embedded art, it loads the first pic, then the second. Is there a parameter that can be used to make it only use the first cover art instead of loading the first then second?

  6. #76
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by uptpilot View Post
    Guino, marvelous job as usual. Glad to see that all my embedded album art can be put to use finally.

    Small problem...
    I've successfully gotten it to work in the MENU.skin and AUDIO_BROWSER.skin, but not EXTERNAL_GPS.skin.

    If I switch to the audio browser then back to external_GPS, my indicator box shows the album art for a fraction of a second before it fades away. I added the X,mp3art reference to each .skin. Is there some reason why it will not display in EXTERNAL_GPS.skin for more than a 1/2 second?

    Also, if I subsequently go from EXTERNAL_GPS.skin to MENU.skin, the album art also fades away and disappears, although it doesn't display the art... I just see part of the screen draw fading away.

    Update 1:
    It appears that on MP3's with multiple embedded art, it loads the first pic, then the second. Is there a parameter that can be used to make it only use the first cover art instead of loading the first then second?
    First, you should only have X,mp3art in MENU.SKIN of each skin -- that's enough for each entire skin. It's possible this is related to your issue.

    I honestly have never done any testing with multiple art inside the songs.. chances are that it will process all of them and save/display the last one -- regardless of it being good (displayable) -- I can probably enforce it to show only the first one, but I can't guarantee that the first image will be the "best" -- this a simple matter of how the art got saved into the file.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #77
    Low Bitrate uptpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    First, you should only have X,mp3art in MENU.SKIN of each skin -- that's enough for each entire skin. It's possible this is related to your issue.

    I honestly have never done any testing with multiple art inside the songs.. chances are that it will process all of them and save/display the last one -- regardless of it being good (displayable) -- I can probably enforce it to show only the first one, but I can't guarantee that the first image will be the "best" -- this a simple matter of how the art got saved into the file.
    Extra album art aside, I still have the problem that the album art disappears altogether. It works fine in AudioBrowser (and then the main menu if I go to it from the Audio Browser). However, in the I03,741,90,60,59,"Albumart" object inside EXTERNAL_GPS.skin, it appears for a fraction of a second while the GPS skin loads, then it fades away. Why would it work in the Audio Browser skin all the time, on the main menu only if I come from the Audio Browser, and never in the External GPS skin?

    Update 2

    Ok, I just noticed something. The album art DOES work in the EXTERNAL_GPS.skin *if* it has 2 embedded images. In other words, if the mp3 only has one embedded image, it appears to be fading away to nothingness. However, in the Audio_Browser.skin, it always works fine.

  8. #78
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    29
    Hiya,

    Sorry I am a bit of a newbie. I am making some changes to a skin, so that I can pause / play a song when I press the album art, and was wondering how you actualy implement the ONARTCLICKED event?

    Thanks!

  9. #79
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by uhohrobbo View Post
    Hiya,

    Sorry I am a bit of a newbie. I am making some changes to a skin, so that I can pause / play a song when I press the album art, and was wondering how you actualy implement the ONARTCLICKED event?

    Thanks!
    Not sure but try this in ExecTBL.ini

    "ONARTCLICKED","PLAY",audio_player.skin

  10. #80
    MGD
    MGD is offline
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    MGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,756
    You need the updated version from the first post and regsvr32 it. Works fine.

Similar Threads

  1. AVS hides behind Album Art
    By dougmorgan99 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM
  2. MP3 goes 5.1
    By camsgs3 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
  3. Album Art / Movie Art
    By frodobaggins in forum FP FAQ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:38 PM
  4. In dash car MP3 CD Costs
    By mp3designer in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2001, 03:23 PM
  5. Car MP3 Costs???
    By mp3designer in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2001, 10:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •