Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78

Thread: GPSGAS iguidance addon :)

  1. #11
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    you do know that the program has already been posted right? lol
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1

    AUto Gas Navigation

    I was about to post "Me Too" until I saw the download in Post #7. You may want to put it in the first post.

    I just ResHacked iGuidance, and the plug-in is working great! Thanks for putting this together!!!
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  3. #13
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    first post edited.. and i'm glad its working for someone other than me. I'm curious to get more feedback. i wanna know if the timing delays (500ms) are ok for those with slower setups. i only wish i could do something to hide the menu navigation so that the screens didnt flash.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1

    Little bit of feedback

    The only problem that I have had, is not with the plugin-in really, but an iGuidance problem.

    When it enters the address, most of the time for me it is in the incorrect format that iGuidance wants. Any street with North, East, ect pre-fixing the street, iGuidance does not like. Ea: North Elm Street. iGuidance wants "Elm Street".

    When LostReception was working on his gas-naviagtion, I noticed he was using the LAT and LON settings to pass to iGuidance. This was another reshack to enable this feature in iGuidance 3.0 (It's in 2.x by default). It worked quite well as it is only 2 fields to paste into on the SAME screen, instead of having to go from screen to screen. Also the LAT and LON will always work where as some address's will not.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    A Brit in Las Vegas
    Posts
    237
    I see where I went wrong this morning - I didn't realize that LRs was 2.x only - the problem is that there is already a reshacked IG being used in Liquid Smokes skin that removes some IG3 menu buttons from the screen and so we need a reshacked IG3 that does both the button removal and allows the Lon/Lat to be sent.

    Anybody?


    RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
    Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

    Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

  6. #16
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    The only problem that I have had, is not with the plugin-in really, but an iGuidance problem.

    When it enters the address, most of the time for me it is in the incorrect format that iGuidance wants. Any street with North, East, ect pre-fixing the street, iGuidance does not like. Ea: North Elm Street. iGuidance wants "Elm Street".

    When LostReception was working on his gas-naviagtion, I noticed he was using the LAT and LON settings to pass to iGuidance. This was another reshack to enable this feature in iGuidance 3.0 (It's in 2.x by default). It worked quite well as it is only 2 fields to paste into on the SAME screen, instead of having to go from screen to screen. Also the LAT and LON will always work where as some address's will not.
    the only problem there is i dont know how to handle LAT and LON coordinates cause as far as i know there are no labels for these for the specific gas stations thru gpsgas native. If there were labels as easy to pull as the address labels it'd be easy. I can fix the issue with directions in the street address though. I just have to see the format iG prefers and make adjustments accordingly.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  7. #17
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I see where I went wrong this morning - I didn't realize that LRs was 2.x only - the problem is that there is already a reshacked IG being used in Liquid Smokes skin that removes some IG3 menu buttons from the screen and so we need a reshacked IG3 that does both the button removal and allows the Lon/Lat to be sent.

    Anybody?

    have you tried to reshack your own? My instructions are clear and reshacking isnt rocket science.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lat & Lon for iGuidance Gas Price Finder

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    the only problem there is i dont know how to handle LAT and LON coordinates cause as far as i know there are no labels for these for the specific gas stations thru gpsgas native. If there were labels as easy to pull as the address labels it'd be easy. I can fix the issue with directions in the street address though. I just have to see the format iG prefers and make adjustments accordingly.
    There is actually a LAT and LON for the individual gas stations available:

    gas_#_lon (# from 0 to 11) -show gas station GPS coordinates (Lon.)
    gas_#_lat (# from 0 to 11) -show gas station GPS coordinates (Lat.)

    Honestly, I think this would be a better route to go. It is only 2 fields to paste into iGuidance. It is also error proof. There is no parsing to have to do of the streets, addresses ect. It also involves reshacking to add just a single dialog to work. The bonus is, that it will add navigating by Lat & Lon to use at any time. Great for finding hiking spots, campgrounds ect. I actually used this to find a remote waterfall in Northern Georgia about a month back on a road trip.

    Chatting with SangreDeThor yesterday, he was having another issue entirely. He is in Maine (Abreviation ME) and when it would go to put the state in, it would search for New MExico for some reason. I have not see that here, but have seen iGuidance use parts of names and show those matched even in the middle of a city ect, and not always starting at the beginning.

    I'm going to go search now for the reshack that has to be done to navigate by coordinates and will post here.

    EDIT: Ok found it, the full instructions are located HERE to add coordinates back to iGuidance 3.0.




    .
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  9. #19
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    ok.. i'll revise my add and use those coordinates... just didnt realize it was there.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  10. #20
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    ok new version is available for download.. This one uses coordinates to create your route. Thanks john for your help. Readme includes a link now on how to get coordinates back in iG. check first post for download link
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 570
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
  3. iGuidance Font Size Fix summary thread
    By Viscouse in forum GPS
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
  4. Hacking Iguidance
    By Peoples in forum GPS
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •