Ok guys, before flaming me. I know several people are developing software for the HQCT and the current implementation in RR is kinda working but:
1. I'm missing traffic info functionality
2. I'm missing news info functionality
3. I'm getting a new car in januari and my HQCT module is going to be installed in that car. So I can't mess around with my HQCT module after that.
That's why I started developing a RR extension plug in to replace the RRHQCT.exe I was currently using. Primairily for my own use.
I really should have called it YAHI (Yet Another HQCT implementation). It has the following functionality.
* FM tuning
* AM tuning
* Traffic Info (will interrupt MP3,VIDEO, DVD when a traffic message is being broadcast) switchable
* News info (will interrupt MP3, VIDEO, DVD when PTY of current station switches to NEWS) switchable
* 3 x 10 presets for FM (stored using RDS Station name if available)
* 1 x 10 presets for AM
Does not have (yet):
* AF tuning (basic functionality is there but I was not able to test because the module is stationairy at the moment
* TMC messages (hard to find the location databases)
* Traffic Announcement for EON stations (did not receive 14B messages yet to test)
Just would like to know if there is interest in releasing the plugin until a better solution is available. I might even use the RadioHAL functions and switch to .NET
I will be very interested to try it in my car! Could you please release it?