The W3bMa5t3r's Gmail New Email Counter and Indicator
Ok this is a very simple program I wrote over the weekend. It does require an Internet connection, but that's a given since you're checking the status of your email account. Oh and this uses Internet Explorer (behind the scenes), so yeah, that's required too.
This program will create a label "CUSTOM_GMAILCOUNT" that displays the current count of new emails in your account, and an indicator "CUSTOM_NEW_GMAIL" which will allow you to show an icon when there are new messages.
STOLEN FROM MY SKIN:
You must edit the "config.ini" file to enter your Gmail username and password.
For slower systems or who need to save bandwidth, you can set the polling speed in the "config.ini" file. Value is in Milliseconds, 1000 = 1 Second. Set the "pause_key=" variable in "config.ini" to set your own hotkey. The "config.ini" file needs to stay with the "GmailCount.exe" program for proper operation.
As far as use goes, you can have it load from the "Command to execute" in RoadRunner config, by a button using the "RUN;GmailCount.exe" code, or whatever else floats your boat and works for you. Also, if you just run this program, it will start RoadRunner for you, but if you already have a preconfigured startup for your RoadRunner setup you might not want to do it that way... so it's up to you
Oh and since it had been mentioned before, best I can tell, that even though this is constantly running, there is a very low cpu hit.
Here's a screenshot of the count and indicator working in my newest skin.
Let me know if you encounter any errors or would like something changed/add/etc...
-=[ GET IT HERE ]=-
- Fixed the code because if emails were read, the indicator wouldn't go away.
- Added a function to refresh the count faster than what the web page would by itself.
- Added an additional line in the "config.ini" file to set the polling speed. Useful for slower systems or those needing to conserve bandwidth. Set in Milliseconds, 1000 = 1 Second
- Added tray icons that also change status if there are new emails or not.
- Allowed decompiling of code for those who wish to see the code.
- Added a quick ping at the beginning of the program as I noticed that sometimes it wasn't working on my system if I rebuilt the program and for some reason the firewall wouldn't notify me that GmailCount.exe was trying to get through. This ping ensures it does.
- Created program icon so it's somewhat distinguishable from other AutoIt programs.
- Added a Global Hotkey so you can pause the program if you're needing to type, as the way this program functions, it temporarily steals focus as it updates. The default is "^!p" (Ctrl+Alt+P). Set the "pause_key=" variable in "config.ini" to set your own hotkey.
- Added an additional trayicon that displays a paused state while the program is paused. Clears once you've resumed the program.