My system is setup similarly.... And I got the same error messages you did after blowing away my database. After reading your post, I should have noted earlier that my folder structure is like yours --
There are no audio files in e:\music or the next level of folders. Are there audio files in your top level folder (I am guessing not)?
Sorry bout not getting back to ya...
I will also add to the next update, when the builder says invalid path, to put what it "thinks" or what it is trying to use as the music path. The path it is trying to use may be infact correct and maybe a bug further down the line but I don't think that check is right at the beginning..
See first post for a amended 184.108.40.206 builder (RMBuilder v220.127.116.11.zip)
*Before running newer builder, add these two lines to the "\RMDatabase\Support Filesbuilder.ini" file in your RR folder.
If you still have same problem, post what the path its trying to use from the builder_debug.txt.
I tried out the new .exe file -- same problem. However, it's not the path. Looking at the debug log -- the path is correct. The problem, it turns out, is what I started to suggest in my last post. If there's not a audio file (tested with only a mp3) in the root directory the program will crash with a path error.... Placing a mp3 file in the root directory allowed the database to be created without issue.
Noted, Will check that issue here as well...
Having a bit of trouble w/ the VPL's.
Using the "RM_SvdLST+/-" command loads the playlist, but the pathname to the music files points to: "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\RMDatabase\Support Files\" then the artist & filename, not the musicpath folder.
Did I miss a setting or something?
No, I did notice this issue some time ago, but for the life of me couldn't figure out where it was getting that fake musicpath at and only saw it happen here or there so I was really lost as to where to even begin to look code wise.
The good news is that I do now know where/why its happening. This will also be looked at and another RMediaDb.exe patch will be posted in the first post when i have chance to check both of these last two recent problems.
Awesome. I'm not insane afterall...mostly...
Here's some more bugs I found:
- RM_ADD1 not working for "Albums"
- rm_cleardisk$DiskControl$ a currently loaded disk will not update the indicator status for that disk (stays "on" even after the disk is cleared).
- > Cured this by adding the following command BYIND;RM_DiskLoaded$DiskControl$;<<RM_UnloadDisk to rm_cleardisk$DiskControl$||ESC
- Using RM_Sel2Disk w/ Browse by "SONG" mode will add the song to the disk, but not update the song count for that disk under diskchanger.skin.
- RM_PL2DiskAdd||RM_PLAYLIST2DISK using a playlist will add the songs to the disk, but not update the song count under diskchanger.skin.
- RM_DiskRemoveSong is not removing a song from the current playing disk. Removes it from the playlist, but doesn't update the corresponding loaded disk.
- When you have multiple albums of the same name (i.e. Greatest Hits in Album view mode) it creates multiple entries each w/ their corresponding album cover (which is correct). However, browsing into any one of them will pull up all the songs under "Greatest Hits."
More to come as I try and break your plugin...
If I haven't said it yet, man this is an awesome plugin...
K, just for that Sal... that patch now looks to be pushed to a further date...
I can't work on my 'GPS Events' plugin with these errors keep pop'n up.:censored:
I don't think the audio file is the only source of this bug. My music is organized
Originally Posted by nasa
D:\Music\new <-- random misc mp3 files and folders
D:\Music\Sorted\[Artist]\[Album]\[Title] (with no music files in the "Sorted" folder)
the DB would build if I set the path to D:\Music\Sorted but wouldn't if I set it to D:\Music. I haven't tried the new builder yet, but I'll see if I can get a chance to use it later today.