i asked it in january the 5th,
is it possible to change the format of DATE and TIME to the way i select it in the rr.ini.
At current, I only had to defined diplay methods but might look into it just using whats defined in the rr.ini date format setting.
Well....somehow I got a candle(motivation) going again for this next update...not sure when but at least im getting back started on it again.
Working on having two scan modes, Quick & Full. Quick will only look for new media and imports whats found only,so should be much quicker. Full is basically the same an the current recan, adding new media and removing old media entries that no longer exist.
just crashes and I get this from Visual Studio debugger:
Unhandled exception at 0x01a92613 in RMBuilder.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x01e51000.
First-chance exception at 0x01a92613 in RMBuilder.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x01e51000.
When run as stand alone I get a panel
That starts with Status getting file count: J:\MegaCollection
Next Getting ready for Import, I click Import, at 1% it then pops up the error and my debugger screen.
The RMBuilder.db file is always 27k
Here is my RRMediaDB.ini
# These six star command lines are for adding custom commands to
# execute after the star indicators are set to the found rating
# This adds the song to the database if not found with no rating.
# Would be good for creating a list of unrated song to go though at a latter time
# (True/False, default is off)
# These settings are list viewing settings,
# ListOrderBy (0=Alphabetical , 1= By Track Number, 2= File Name, 3= )
# HomeView(0=Artists,1=Albums,2=Genres,3=Songs,4=Fol ders)
# debugging=Debug window(ON/OFF), and coords for it to be located at.
LastFile=2 fabiola - freak out.mp3
Startup List Creation Time(miliseconds)=379
This is Builder.ini
# This setting allows you to set the default(empty) disk names
# use the second option to append numbers to the end of the default name
# ( 0= don't append any numbers, 1= add the numbers 1-10 to the end of the defaultname )
[Default Disk Name]
I'd really like to get this solved.
This is from file Builder_Debug.txt
2/8/2009 1:19:00 PM: RRMedia Builder> MediaInfo communitation OK!
2/8/2009 1:19:35 PM: RRMedia Builder> Data_Dump > 'REM - Losing My Religion (Acoustic).mp3','Losing My Religion (Acustico)','REM','xxx','','32','.m','Alternative. Punk\','',0,'','20042103094048','2009/02/08/13:19'
2/8/2009 1:19:35 PM: RRMedia Builder> unrecognized token: "xxx"
I subsituted the NULL character with 'xxx' so that I could cut and paste the text in this message.
On my day job I a Software Engineer and we see this a lot when passing data into SQL Server. In the helper folder there sits Sqlite3.exe and Sqlite3u.dll so my guess is something similar is happening here.
My first hint of what might be happening was a folder name "70's Rock" RMBuilder returned this message RRMedia Builder> unrecognized token: "'" I had to really look at it and noticed the aposthrophe between the quotes. So I changed the folder name to "70s Rock" and reran the builder.
RMBuilder got further next returned RRMedia Builder> unrecognized token: "'" on the next folder "80's Rock". There is a trend forming here. So changed the name to "80s Rock" and started over.
Which got me to the message I began the discussion with the NULL character.
SQL in general is sensitive to apostrophes, quotes and many other characters in text fields.
We filter much more heavily to prevent SQL injection attacks, here is some example code:
'Function IllegalChars to guard against SQL injection
Dim sBadChars, iCounter
'Set IllegalChars to False
'Note vbNullChar is the same as chr$(0)
'Create an array of illegal characters and words
sBadChars=array("select", "drop", ";", "--", "insert", "delete", "xp_", _
"#", "%", "&", "'", "(", ")", "/", "\", ":", ";", "<", ">", "=", _
"[", "]", "?", "`", "|", "declare", "convert", chr$(0))
'Loop through array sBadChars using our counter & UBound function
For iCounter = 0 to uBound(sBadChars)
'Use Function Instr to check presence of illegal character in our variable
If Instr(sInput,sBadChars(iCounter))>0 Then
You could use something similar to this to replace unwanted/illegal characters with "" a NULL string.
I hope this helps as I like to program but outside of work I really just do not have the time. So I greatly appreciate your efforts and the work of all of the others who contribute so much to the rest of us.
First...Thanks, if you've followed this whole thread, you'd see how much time/effort I have put into this project already(~10 monts & ??? hrs), and like everything else...its never really done.
Back to topic. I do know about the whole quote thing and have tried my best so far to fix what I find or others have reported. The only big problem with removing any chr's from the path, is that when a playlist is needed to be created, the path will be incorrect and those songs contained with that path will not be played.
What you could do then is do a substitution. Here's an idea.
Convert the illegal characters/words into HEX representation of the ASCII value, then prefix it with a character which is invalid in Filenames but has no effect in SQL and follow the prefix by a number representing the number of characters in HEX.
then do the reverse conversion when reading from the database.
or just convert the whole string you put into the database into HEX, and then reconvert when reading.