Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 479

Thread: RRFusion- My Fusion Brain plugin for RR

  1. #431
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    After struggling to get RRFusion to load (ah, command settings, THAT'S how it's done) I'm struggling to make it do anything meaningful.

    I'm using a very basic test setup; two temp sensors and two relays connected to one v6 brain. Straight out of the box with no configuration, RRFusion is able to switch digital outputs on and off, and that's great. But the analogue inputs are very strange. Using the setup procedure, I configured a port to read a temp sensor. It gives a Farenheit reading (no choice of Celsius, unfortunately) but is wildly inconsistent; from -4 to 86 to 368 back to -4, which is holds for ages. If I close RR and load FuseGL, the readings come out fine.

    I fiddled around with the software as much as I could (from what little I understand of it so far) until I clicked "Instance"; my mistake, there's no way out of the Instance screen without closing the program and restarting, and that's where I gave up.

    So I need to learn how to add a button to the skin to load this software before I progress any further with it and potentially write some documentation.

  2. #432
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    Right, I've now installed RideRunner, Carwings and RRFusion for v6 brains onto a second system alongside FuseGL with the same test setup; one v6 brain, two temp sensors.

    Again, I'm able to toggle digital outputs immediately; no setup required. But the reading of the analogue inputs is pretty much unusable. I have one port set as a thermosensor, the other as raw voltage, and 99% of the time I get a reading of 0V or -4 degrees on both ports (and I've tested all the ports). The other 1% of the time the data will swing all over the place; 59 degrees, 63 degrees, 198 degrees, then back to -4 for another period of time.

    Considering I only plan to use my brain for input readings (no output control required), it seems I'll have to embed FuseGL into RideRunner until this issue is addressed.

  3. #433
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    Right, I've now installed RideRunner, Carwings and RRFusion for v6 brains onto a second system alongside FuseGL with the same test setup; one v6 brain, two temp sensors.

    Again, I'm able to toggle digital outputs immediately; no setup required. But the reading of the analogue inputs is pretty much unusable. I have one port set as a thermosensor, the other as raw voltage, and 99% of the time I get a reading of 0V or -4 degrees on both ports (and I've tested all the ports). The other 1% of the time the data will swing all over the place; 59 degrees, 63 degrees, 198 degrees, then back to -4 for another period of time.

    Considering I only plan to use my brain for input readings (no output control required), it seems I'll have to embed FuseGL into RideRunner until this issue is addressed.
    I've asked 2k1Toaster for assistance with analog sensor reading but he seems busy. Perhaps a nudge from another person could wake him up. I too desperately need analog inputs to work on my v6 brain.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  4. #434
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    I hope so, but he's not been on the forum much over the last month so hopefully he's just enjoying some holiday time.

    If we can get this done, I'm happy to put the hours in testing a v6 setup and doing the write-ups that go with it. So if it's just a matter of giving Nick a nudge, we can breathe some new life into the FusionBrain project

  5. #435
    FLAC Dougw133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,245
    So im on an o'l version 3 and see no reason to update since I only use it for 2 temp sensors. There was a time where usinf DFX 5 I had the temp readouts on the top of the skin and it was great. A lot of updates and a lot of broken code(on my end due to updates) has rendered me dead. With latest RRfuison , latest RR and latest DFX5 it doesn't even connect. Drivers are installed and recognized in Windows. Is this due to a skin limitation since updates or something else?

    EDIT: Works fine with carwings seems to be skin related.
    Last edited by Dougw133; 08-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.

  6. #436
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    I'd be planning to reskin this anyway (so hopefully this isn't a skin issue), but I need a working version to compare the new skin to...

  7. #437
    FLAC Dougw133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,245
    Im on a version 3 but everything seems broken.

    First off the brain isn't even connecting at startup. RR's exctbl.ini I have placed "RRfusion_Connect"

    I had two labels at the top of my skin that displayed inside and outside temp. I have updated the proper labels per the skin commands. I have even pulled them from the carwings supplied skin files. Nothing. Im assuming it's just not connecting. If I load carwings it still doesnt auto connect at startup but will connect with pressing "Connect", then I get the old data showing on all imputs even though I only have 2 temp sensors connected to analog 0 and 1.

  8. #438
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    I hope so, but he's not been on the forum much over the last month so hopefully he's just enjoying some holiday time.

    If we can get this done, I'm happy to put the hours in testing a v6 setup and doing the write-ups that go with it. So if it's just a matter of giving Nick a nudge, we can breathe some new life into the FusionBrain project
    may have some progress on v6 analog sensor support. Stay tuned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougw133 View Post
    So im on an o'l version 3 and see no reason to update since I only use it for 2 temp sensors. There was a time where usinf DFX 5 I had the temp readouts on the top of the skin and it was great. A lot of updates and a lot of broken code(on my end due to updates) has rendered me dead. With latest RRfuison , latest RR and latest DFX5 it doesn't even connect. Drivers are installed and recognized in Windows. Is this due to a skin limitation since updates or something else?

    EDIT: Works fine with carwings seems to be skin related.
    it's definitely skin related. DFX5 has not implemented the changes to the skin commands as listed in the documentation. If you open up your DFX5 skin that displays the analog sensor value (temp value), change the label code from whatever it is now to RRFUSION_ANALOGINPUT;#PORTNUMBER#;OPT (where PORTNUMBER is of course your port number the sensor is connected to). Your fusion brain connection code goes from FBCONNECT to RRFUSION_CONNECT. Note that these changes were made based on the "plugin compliance requirements" posted many many moons ago. If you cant figure it out just send me the .skins and i'll fix it for you.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  9. #439
    FLAC Dougw133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,245
    Thanks for the offer, however I have already updated the skin with all the commands in the readme command file. The label I speak of has RRFUSION_ANALOGINPUT;0;RAW. Either way no data is displayed. When I changed the label for DFX's top indicators they just disappeared. Im not seeing any data as if RR isn't connected to the FB at all. Thats why im asking about RRFUSION_CONNECT. I just plopped it in the rr exctbl, no luck. I have to have something way off.

  10. #440
    FLAC Dougw133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,245
    So........It just started working for no apparent reason....So yea!! I'll complete the DFX5 skin files and send them to Blue or John.

Similar Threads

  1. *NEW* USB Input/Output Board -- Fusion Brain
    By 2k1Toaster in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 1123
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:33 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
  3. Noob has some biginner questions about the Fusion Brain
    By phreaknes in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 02:57 AM
  4. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •